home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 08-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #26
SquareD
An Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupid View Post
Now I’m on the hunt for some fogs and brackets and the front end will be all set!
I'm excited to see what you do with this, nice find!

I have the capsules and the endcap things that hold them in, but not the brackets. Let me know and you can have them for the cost of shipping. No cracks or chips, some light pitting.
1994 945ti | 15g @ 14psi, Turbosmart EBC, AEM Failsafe WB, 3"/2.5" exhaust, do88 intercooler, iPd cam, STS cam gear, Ostrich LH tune, sbabbs EZK chip, green giants, K&N, Yoshifab CCV/Can/Cap, iPd SS brake lines, TME, Eibach, BNE, Koni suspension, iPd sways, iPd panhard, TME upper/CT lower braces, forged BBS RG-Rs, Michelin Pilot SS, ecodes, V90 bits.
1985 744ti | 13.8 @ 100.5 mph - Sold after 20 years.

Last edited by SquareD; 08-07-2020 at 10:02 AM..
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #27
Coupid
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
Nice car! Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
I can totally appreciate this car. Best wishes with it. I need to get another wagon in my live someday and one like yours would be on my short list.
Thanks, they are getting harder to find especially the 80s ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareD View Post
I'm excited to see what you do with this, nice find!

I have the capsules and the endcap things that hold them in, but not the brackets. Let me know and you can have them for the cost of shipping. No cracks or chips, some light pitting.
Thanks man, I missed having a Volvo so much! Still sorting through which direction I want to take the car. The more I drive it, the more I'm thinking of making it my DD. Fix Heat/AC then lowering springs, IPD sways, Hydras, MBC set to 12PSI. Basically the wagon version of my old 91 Coupe.

Do you mean the housing and little pieces to the left and right of the lens? I would love to have them! I can just get the Uro brackets. Not as worried about those since they wont see as much UV and if they fade they arent really visible anyway.
1979 244DL Sold
1986 740+T Sold
1983 242T Sold
Coupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #28
SquareD
An Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupid View Post
Do you mean the housing and little pieces to the left and right of the lens? I would love to have them! I can just get the Uro brackets. Not as worried about those since they wont see as much UV and if they fade they arent really visible anyway.
Yep! Original Bosch capsules too. Send me a PM with an address and I can probably have them headed your way sometime next week.
SquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #29
Coupid
Board Member

The insides of the 100A Denso I bought from KJetsonaPlane looks great so I decided to install it as is tonight. Installation was as easy as I remembered from when I did it on my 780 a few years ago.

The car originally had a 100A Bosch in it. After installing the Denso at idle the revs no longer dip when the lights come on and the heater fan is turned on. I could probably go for a shorter belt since the tensioner is maxed out but so far so good!
Coupid is offline   Reply With Quote