home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 06-17-2022, 08:27 PM   #1
escoboy
Board Member

Default Obsolete Volvo Parts Site

I hope i am not posting something that is common knowledge, but in my search this week for a couple of obsolete parts for a 740, i ended up on Pelicans website in a multipage list by part number of Volvo parts they claim to have or have access to. There are a sh*t ton of part Numbers. I ordered some parts and haven't been told they are NLS. yet... i am kinda waiting for the shoe to drop, but there are so many parts on the list and yet only bits and pieces of single systems that i am hopeful it isn't all BS. brw, there was a lot of parts labelled upholstery. there doesn't appear to be any discount or anything other than free shipping after a set $$ point.

as stated, hope i am not wasting forum space w/ this post.

have a dandy

favorite quote from the wife (peering into the garage): what am i gonna do with all this s*** when you die?

some volvos, some jaguars, some mg's, some triumphs, one bb ford van, some honda xr's, one harley, one boat
escoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:37 PM   #2
HiSPL
Fanking Champion 1993

I'm kinda interested in what this could be!

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info2/1128177.htm

Maybe a buttcheek fuel can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 240 View Post
water-cooled VW owners can't even tell you the flavor of Cheetos they ate last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando
Tinnitus and hearing loss? Sounds like your ears could tolerate some Bose 901s!
96 960 (rotted)
88 244
06 XC90 V8
03 V70(crashed)
92 745 Turbo
HiSPL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
dl242gt
Old and boxy but good.

You can browse the volvo parts catalogs and look up what's available from Volvo on gcp.se. Skandix and VP Autoparts are also good to browse. Classic Swede in the UK has lots of goodies for Volvos, too.
1982 242 turbo. 338k miles. MVP coilovers and 3" exhaust. Flowed 405 with a V15. Cossie turbine housing with upgraded compressor housing. 90+, IPD remote oil filter. Some other goodness, too. Been lots of fun over 25 years. Restored in 2k. Now ready for a 2nd restoration.

1993 245 Classic, 440k miles, enem V15. IPD bars and chassis braces. Simons sport exhaust from Scandix. sbabbs ezk chip. Been a good road warrior. Genuine Volvo rebuilt leaky M47.
dl242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:05 AM   #4
mattd1205
Board Member

Pelican has been a real crap shoot for oe volvo parts the last couple of years. Ive waited months for OE parts figuring they were coming from Sweden but when I called them months later they said they couldn’t get them after all. I’ve learned to just go to the Volvo dealer for the OE stuff and pelican for everything else since they’re less than a mile from me.
mattd1205 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 11:15 AM   #5
142 guy
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
You can browse the volvo parts catalogs and look up what's available from Volvo on gcp.se. Skandix and VP Autoparts are also good to browse. Classic Swede in the UK has lots of goodies for Volvos, too.
I would be inclined to go with those sites or Scandcar and CVI. If none of those sites list a part the part is likely unavailable. Both Skandix and CVI will indicate on their webpage if the part is discontinued or out out of stock or has a long lead time. I think the other sites do the same; but, it has been a while since I ordered anything so I can't be sure.

I think Pelican's website provides a list of legitimate part numbers. That does not mean that those parts are available. Like a so many vendors with a web presence they don't stock all their parts, they rely on being able to source rare parts from a distributor.
142 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
Redwood Chair
- Stock PSI Or Bust -

The new 'performance' restore it to

Image hosted by servimg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperfauto View Post
Folks on here don't know a good deal when they see it.
how psi stock cna sprout?

Redwood Chair is offline   Reply With Quote