• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Header Available From KL Racing (2009-2022 bump)

while im always on the side of smooth is better , ive seen (on the dyno ) offsets in tubing upto 2mm that have no effect on power , the boundary layer is always present , you trip it up with a step(which is the offset) which reintroduces it again further down the pipe .

dont forget tho that while there is a step teh cross sectional area hasnt changed if that is the same internal diameter .

A flow that is perfectly straight will rotate with turbulence the first time it hits a bend.

This is an entire thread right here!

I tend to agree with Volvosport.

About.....
A flow that is perfectly straight will rotate with turbulence the first time it hits a bend.

...it seems as if you aren't taking boundary layer adhesion and the Coandă effect into consideration together. A turbulent boundary layer is far less likely to separate at a bend then a laminar boundary layer.
Of course, something like the crappy short side radius on the 530 head could prolly get anything to separate. :-P

I'm assuming that what you said was a reference to boundary layer separation.

I'm so confused at that header right now^. It looks like the flange is sideways.

some building pic that may elplane how it looks in the engine bay (sorry fore my spelling and bad pic)

this hedder whill not restrikt engins upp to werry hi horspower and wont crack.

h?r ?r en bygg bild p? det nya grenr?ret.
nu ska jag jobba p? colektorn och westgate r?ren.

colektorn blir delad f?r b?sta respons sen ska westgaten va delad fram till 50mm ventilen.

PICT0010-6.jpg

PICT0003-12.jpg

b?rjat med westgate r?ren nu
PICT0007-12.jpg

Had anyone had experience with this header from kl. I know this is a dead thread but didn?t really see anyone that ran it. Anyone? I have one one the way. Top mount extreme. Wanted to see if anyone had any input. Thanks

Had anyone had experience with this header from kl. I know this is a dead thread but didn?t really see anyone that ran it. Anyone? I have one one the way. Top mount extreme. Wanted to see if anyone had any input. Thanks

Did you receive it yet? I'm going to need a new header soon and want to know what you think of it.

Did you receive it yet? I'm going to need a new header soon and want to know what you think of it.

Yes I have it and am trying to figure out how it fit it for my situation. I don?t have a lh alternator and it seems to hit the lh power steering pump pulley not allowing it to seat. Going to switch to a rh ps pump and reroute all accessories away from that side. Aside from that it prob would work with a alternator there , but I am running a mechman and don?t want it around the heat. Trying to figure it out. Should work.

How much ROI is there using this manifold if you have to do all this unnecessary work just to fit it?

It might be just the way I have things. It may work with a alternator rather than the ps pump I have next to it. But I don?t want an alternator there due to not wanting any heat anywhere near it. I was hoping someone had pics of it actually mounted up to see what they are running for accessory configuration. Worst case I?m never going to have ac with it and put all accessories on the driverside. For me that not a big deal but it isn?t just plopping in as I thought it would definitely getting caught up on the power steering pump pulley and not allowing to seat. If it was too easy I?d probably be suspicious. I also tend to do things the hardest way possible

It might be just the way I have things. It may work with a alternator rather than the ps pump I have next to it. But I don?t want an alternator there due to not wanting any heat anywhere near it. I was hoping someone had pics of it actually mounted up to see what they are running for accessory configuration. Worst case I?m never going to have ac with it and put all accessories on the driverside. For me that not a big deal but it isn?t just plopping in as I thought it would definitely getting caught up on the power steering pump pulley and not allowing to seat. If it was too easy I?d probably be suspicious. I also tend to do things the hardest way possible

Yeah I can't run it then, the whole point of me putting my alternator on the driver side was to escape the heat.

Do you have the non extreme KL manifold? I think the differences are it can hold twice the weight and has an external wastegate.

I have an older obx mild steel one with a wg pipe added to it...guess I'm more curious if it changes spool up and if it's worth the hassle of relocating things vs the style i have

Back