• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo oil return pipe size

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
Running some new hose on the red wagon as i shove this holset into it. I?m going to need to redo the oil drain from the turbo to the block. Can i get by with 3/8? internal diameter hose or do i need something bigger? Thinking 3/8 should be fine.

Running some new hose on the red wagon as i shove this holset into it. I?m going to need to redo the oil drain from the turbo to the block. Can i get by with 3/8? internal diameter hose or do i need something bigger? Thinking 3/8 should be fine.

I'd assume but mine is 1/2" Id on a gt3582 and it seems fine

Actually mine is -10an whatever that is

Last edited:
3/8? DRAIN? That?s -6? no, absolutely not. That should be your FEED size for a journal bearing holset. I?d run a -12 drain (3/4?), some Holsets can get away with -10 (5/8?)

My holset is buried in the shed but I think the actual drain orifice on the frame is 19mm, which is why people use -12 on holsets. Check your turbo, and check whatever adapter/flange you put on it.

There is no such thing as too big? there is certainly too small. Use your 3/8? to feed it

My holset is buried in the shed but I think the actual drain orifice on the frame is 19mm, which is why people use -12 on holsets. Check your turbo, and check whatever adapter/flange you put on it.

There is no such thing as too big? there is certainly too small. Use your 3/8? to feed it

Mine has a 10an male fitting on it. It seems like such a big size but if it came from holset to cummins with a 1/2? drain then i might as well.

Back