home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 10-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
ktm450
Board Member

Default Will '92 240 head pipe and bosal cat listed for Non-EGR work on EGR car? 1992

Ok, I screwed up and ordered a new genuine volvo head pipe and a Bosal cat listed for a non-EGR car, but figured out later that my 1992 240 wagon IS an EGR car. I can;t figure out what could possiblly be different if both head pipe and cat are being replaced at the same time.

I know that the head pipe to exhaust manifold is the same, and the 3 bolt head pipe flange to cat 3 bolt flange should match up? What am I missing? Oh, the existing exhaust has the 02 sensor in the cat, but it is a hillbilly rigged universal POS cat. Some idiot PO hacked off the 3 bolt flange and rigged up an aftermarket cat It's a california car, rusted and busted in the Ohio salt. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
2manyturbos

Installed as a pair, you will be fine. They won’t mix and match. The 3 bolt flange is not the same EGR versus non-EGR. The EGR version uses a ball flange connection header pipe to cat and the non-EGR uses a flat gasket flange. The EGR catalytic converter is also much bigger. The rest of your exhaust will bolt right up to either style of those catalytic converters.
2manyturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
ktm450
Board Member

2many,
Thanks for the response. I have received the cat that I ordered, bosal 099-937 and I am waiting for the head pipe to see if all will fit. I believe that the cat is the right one, not sure yet if the pipe I ordered has the floating 3 bolt flange or not. I will report back when I finally get the rusted to he-- exhaust studs off and try the new parts to see if I got the right parts or not. Thanks again!

KTM450
ktm450 is offline   Reply With Quote