home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 10-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #3051
Harlard
80/20 speed parts club

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
yeah I had fuel pressure tied in to ms earlier in the car's life, but the sensor shorted internally and knocked out all the 5v stuff. I never got around to replacing it.
I have one of those cheap ebay transducers...should I uhh, fuse the TPSREF circuit before the driver gets fried?

Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #3052
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

it didn't damage the MS, it just held the circuit low so the other stuff stopped working.

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #3053
RvolvoR
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
I have one of those cheap ebay transducers...should I uhh, fuse the TPSREF circuit before the driver gets fried?
you should also just spend the money on a nice honeywell unit.
RvolvoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #3054
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

the one I had that flaked was for a defi gauge set. but yeah.. for failsafe stuff it's probably better to run quality sensors
Old 10-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #3055
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

injectors, headgasket, and fittings/line came in. shop cleanup is going well. hopefully I'll be able to get things cleaned up enough to slide the engine out and get started on that this evening, we'll see.

mark's wagon is currently occupying the 4 post, waiting on a new set of injector clips. it'd be really nice to get that car sorted and out of here (I'm sure he wants his car back as well), but as with many projects, the details are fighting the whole way out the door.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #3056
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

aiiiight. Still waiting on mark's injector clips to show up (today I think, or maybe tomorrow), so I got to spend time on my junk. got the shop about 90% squared away, filled the trash cans up again, and I'll be making a trip saturday AM to the "big trash" dropoff to unload a few other larger odds and ends that don't need to be around here anymore.

also got time to drag the next man up out and get started on that (though, it was 10pm when I got that time, so not much work was done). the tools made short work of it..

engine mostly stripped (of the large suff and wiring, left the intake on there for reasons) and pushed out of the way so I could put the new wagon on the lift for a look-see

box of removed stuff

in there, there's an undamaged wiring harness, idle air motor, pulse air setup (but not the egr valve, that's still floating around on the block), crank pulley and whatever else.

engine is going to get simple green/purple powered perhaps tonight, and then pressure washed probably tomorrow afternoon before decapitation and the 'next phase' starts. giggidy.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:24 PM   #3057
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

no pics tonight, all I did was hit it with a purple power/dawn/water mix to start breaking down the grease and ****. got mark's wagon back in tuning shape, so I'll be working on that this weekend I imagine (I honestly can't wait, I hope it acts right this time) along with whatever else I can sneak in. it may be a collection of evening sessions for the 2j wagon, as it's going to be a hectic next few days with various family related activities. I'll also probably be able to sneak in some wrench time with the 16v, so that should be fun.