• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Boat", the 1992 240 Wagon

dushbag!!!

I hope something is recorded. Actually yesterday I was in my way to work in a single lane and a Honda CRV was doing 23 on a 30 mph route. Well I said to myself , no problem I still got time. Once the lane split in two, i went to the clear one to get to the light before the street bottle necks, so at the light the db pulls next to me and when the light turned green , he decided to gun it. So I saw him trying to get ahead of me not knowing I have 250 hp not tuned yet and I just saw him giving up and stunned that an old Volvo wagon left him in the dust. Loudest lol moment ever!!!! Just wanted to cheer you up a bit. :cool::cool:

There's a business with a camera facing the exact direction of the incident but they can't check it until Tuesday.

I was completely stationary. Stopped, waiting to complete a right hand turn when a douchebag in a lifted pickup pulled around me (in a single lane road) to turn right in front of me (maybe I was too slow for him?) and got too close and proceeded to grind against my car.

I have a dashcam in my garage. It should have been in my car.
Folks, if you don't have one, get one. If you have one, install it and test it. I'm very mad at myself.

Yeah, thankful that my fiancee and I are ok. Texas drivers are something. Add a generous bucketful of micro-dick toxic masculinity syndrome, and now you have a ****ed up 240

Worst part is that I'm a very defensive driver, and there was no way to avoid this. I'm sitting at a stop sign and the guy behind me just ****ing rips across my car like it's a can of sardines.

Sorry for ranting on my thread. Alternating waves of emotion still going on.

Worst part is that I'm a very defensive driver, and there was no way to avoid this. I'm sitting at a stop sign and the guy behind me just ****ing rips across my car like it's a can of sardines.

Sorry for ranting on my thread. Alternating waves of emotion still going on.

Ahh sorry ...

You're rightfully pissed off & I hope everything sorts out in your favor. ****ing people...

:-(

I would feel the same way. That kind of disrespect would have me heated. I hope that you can gather evidence to put that coward in his place. I wish that he could be charged with lying to the police on top of failure to yield or whatever. Keep us updated! Boat can be fixed!

WOOHOOOOO **** YEAH

Officer responding to the accident was able to find footage that confirms I was not at fault (cmon I drive a fkin volvo). The other driver also admitted that he illegally passed me and sideswiped my car

now he's getting a ticket and his insurance has to pay for my repairs

rejoice :cheers:

Great news!

Sucks that it happened though.. Hope the fix will erase all traces of this freak accident.

it won't sadly, and I've accepted that. I'm too observant and will always see the evidence.

BUT, considering the past 3 days have been spent by me thinking there would be no evidence to prove my case at all, I'm thankful that I can at least hold the other driver's insurance responsible for my reimbursement

DBAG!!!!

So glad the altercation have been resolved . Now that chapter is now in a clean sheet, You can breathe again and continue your endevour.
Seeya DZ :)
it won't sadly, and I've accepted that. I'm too observant and will always see the evidence.

BUT, considering the past 3 days have been spent by me thinking there would be no evidence to prove my case at all, I'm thankful that I can at least hold the other driver's insurance responsible for my reimbursement

Hell yeah! I'm happy to hear that this will be resolved properly. Good luck with the rebuilding process. I look forward to more updates.

WOOHOOOOO **** YEAH

Officer responding to the accident was able to find footage that confirms I was not at fault (cmon I drive a fkin volvo). The other driver also admitted that he illegally passed me and sideswiped my car

now he's getting a ticket and his insurance has to pay for my repairs

rejoice :cheers:

I'm amazed he had insurance. Pick a good body shop and it'll be fine.

I'm amazed he had insurance. Pick a good body shop and it'll be fine.

Truth be told, my sister backed into my C30 hard enough to break a my tie rod and bend a wheel. I almost thought it was going to be totaled. :lol: When I got the car back from the shop I couldn't tell that anything had happened. As long as they can match the white well, everything should be easy to fix.

Truth be told, my sister backed into my C30 hard enough to break a my tie rod and bend a wheel. I almost thought it was going to be totaled. :lol: When I got the car back from the shop I couldn't tell that anything had happened. As long as they can match the white well, everything should be easy to fix.

Not sure how/where they're going to source the black 92 only fender trim. Or where they'll even get a front support member

Full list of things I can see that are damaged:

tie rod
bumper F & R
hockey sticks F&R
fender
fender trim
drivers door
driver's door trim
front support
Rear quarter panel
rocker trim
driver mirror
blinker
headlamp

...and that's with me avoiding looking at the car at all since the wreck. still pains me to look at it

Last edited:
Latest update is that the other driver's insurance has officially accepted fault.
I've also compiled a 63 page document totaling a little over 10K in parts over the last 2.5 years. :oops: Yikes. Oh well, it'll help my case I guess if they try to total it.
Boat also got **** on by an entire migration of robins. So I had to go wash my car in below freezing weather.
The car will be hitching a ride to the dealership for assessment sometime tomorrow. Hope this gets sorted quickly

Fender moulding should be somewhat easy... Turns out, the 1992 only trim is also 1981-85 GLT/Turbo trim, as well as 1991 245SE trim. Worst case scenario, take a DL/GL/GLE piece, then paint it, which I've also seen done. Looks decent, albeit not stock.

Fender moulding should be somewhat easy... Turns out, the 1992 only trim is also 1981-85 GLT/Turbo trim, as well as 1991 245SE trim. Worst case scenario, take a DL/GL/GLE piece, then paint it, which I've also seen done. Looks decent, albeit not stock.

I have an extra set of 1992 trim pieces, but I'm curious how they're going to price out replacing a one-year only long-NOS-extinct trim piece. And I think RWC will take you to bat on claims that the turbo trim is the same. Reportedly, slightly different. Can't confirm myself though

The insurance is still inclined to reimburse me for a replacement, whether I have spares or not. Maybe I wanted to use the spares for another car? :e-shrug:

The parts catalogs on GCP.se say the turbo trim is different, and the 245SE trim is the same. It's listed as 1991+ door trim, in either "bright" or black.

Sorry this happened, dude.

The parts catalogs on GCP.se say the turbo trim is different, and the 245SE trim is the same. It's listed as 1991+ door trim, in either "bright" or black.

Sorry this happened, dude.

I'll check out GCP, maybe they have pricing even without stock?

It sucks that it happened but I'm just super lucky that it wasn't worse. I can think with a clear mind now that the issue of proving the other guy was lying is over. Now I can be grateful that I'll still have my car, have no injuries, and will hopefully be compensated appropriately.

No if there hadn't been footage to prove the other guy was lying... man I'd just live my life out as a slighly but permanently more bitter person.

Back