• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

who making over 400hp and can drive extended miles.

90volvo

Out of curiousity, who is making over 400hp that can drive their car for 8 hours in comfort. When I mean comfort, Ac in 100degree weather, power steering, nice stereo, good strong trans, no worries about over heating or popping the hood every 100 miles to check fluids. If you feel like your car can do this, I would like to know your setup. Thanks

Not mine specifically, but when I worked at RSI I took their white wagon and drove it from Portland to Sacramento/Davis/SF with no issues all the way there and back, AC blowing cold the whole time in Sac valley heat. The car made 390whp on 91 pump and 525whp turned up on E85 (with maxed out ID1000 injectors) iirc. All that with an 8v.

My old 75 which made 350whp on an 8v made many trips from Sacramento to Portland and back with no issues, but that is discounted because that was me in my early/mid 20s when I hated myself and though AC was for weaklings. The car did it with little issue and got 27mpg going 75-80mph on the freeway on pump. On e85 it'd do 23-24mpg highway.

well i dont know how much my car makes but i guess probably 300hp and thats on a skinny rod i would turn up the boost but after 17 psi it just stutters and knocks like hell

well i dont know how much my car makes but i guess probably 300hp and thats on a skinny rod i would turn up the boost but after 17 psi it just stutters and knocks like hell

your car doesn't make 300hp with a 19t at 17 psi

I've been pondering a way to fit an compressor in my car. It would have been easier with an LSA supercharger sitting in the valley instead of a turbo and crossover piping hanging around the front of the engine where a compressor would normally go.

Maybe a super-duper alternator and an electric compressor.

Red wagon doesn’t have ac - it could just $$$ - but I drove it all over the place.

I mean, if you’re driving it on the highway that’s probably the least stressful way to drive. Steady state with lots of air flow and low amounts of rapid acceleration. Any property functioning car should be able to handle that. If not, a stage 0 is in order. 100hp or 1000hp.

Just yesterday I was thinking about driving my 262c to a family reunion that will be at least an 8 hour drive...but at only 300hp currently and no A/C I don't think I fit the bill either. But I am also still very conservative on boost at the moment and have plenty of injector headroom, I think the smart order will be to replace the transmission before I crank up the boost just so that M90 can be removed still in one piece...the CD009 that I plan to put in will take any abuse I'm willing to throw at.

Agree with Marvelous3 that highway cruising is the easy part, having AC in a performance car is likely the bigger hurdle in and of it self.

Last edited:
Mine is lacking the AC as well. With the header and turbo there is no room for the accumalator. So, I will go with the drier setup. I have my AC compressor mounted but I hate putting a condenser in front of the intercooler.

I don't drive anywhere. I'd like the blue car and the black wagon and the v8 car to do those things (the v8 car is set up for it, but the damn a/c keeps leaking down somewhere), but I haven't had the time to set aside to make it happen.

Look at youtube bamses turbo underpants, it have over 600hp or something like that and they drive car from finland to sweden, something about 1000miles as a whole.

My 78 V8 wagon was an A/C delete car. At one point I gathered all the parts to make it have A/C. But it would add a lot of stuff to the engine bay[GM compressor that a 262C used,brackets from a late60's Corvette etc]. 33years later and 300K miles later I still love to drive it w/o AC.

I drove the rally car all over the Pacific North West. No A/C because rallycar. Controlled ride that was not abusive. Had a lot of fun with it. Jerico dogbox took all the power. Just not for big power in reverse. :roll:

My old wagon was my DD Forman years - good at 450-500AWHP. I killed it 6 years ago now trying to get more than 500 out of it, ****ed with the ignition mapping & GM coils too much & broke all the Wisecos. Still drove it 400 miles home with broken pistons though....

393665-10150337038806370-2044024682-n.jpg

10868100-10152417667636370-1363101309943410196-n.jpg

Back