• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What is a TD04HL-18T?

rice pancake

Ok so there are a million threads about the 18t vs the 19t, but I am wondering what the physical difference is.

I am building a honda ZC with the old skool greddy turbo kit. the td04h-15g that came with it was toasted, so i swapped a jukyard td04hl that i rebuilt, using the 15g turbine housing.
because of my bad tuning, i ended up damaging the compressor wheel, so i am trying to replace it. I ordered the 19t wheel and the one that i received had a 58mm exducer, while my old one had a 56mm. is this an oversize wheel, or do i have an 18t? I cant find any solid info on what the oem 19t or 18t wheel specs are.

You need the chra machined to accept the 19t compressor wheels. Kinugawa sells a 19t compressor wheel that doesn't require machining but it's like $120.

so is my turbo an 18t? it came from a 1999 or 2000 v70 2.4 t
compressor wheel is superback 40/56mm
and it had the integrated BOV

Just went thru this...
Turbo with angled housing sourced from a 99v70AWD.
Milled CHRA housing for 19t compressor (58mm) and milled compressor cover/housing for same compressor. Both areas pointed to in red need machining. Normally about $100-$150 each.

Patrick

18t is a small turbo. Find a he351 and have some real fun! Or a new fancy BW if you wanna spend some money.

Back