• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is there a list anywhere of AQ equipped boats?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
Just wondering if anyone has or has found a basic list of which boats have Penta motors that would be useful for us. It would be cool to have a list to reference while surfing craigslist/FB marletplace.

Seems like enough people are giving away old boats that don't work. At least around me they are. I see old unused boats for under 1000 all the time.

I found a boat dealership like 2 years ago about 60 miles from my house who had like 6 or 7 boats in his scrapyard with AQ171 motors in them. I asked how much he wanted for these motors in long block form, no accessories, no flywheel, just the bare engines. He said he just wanted the price in weight for the metal so roughly $75/motor.

I wasn't equipped to take the motors out at the time cause I was on my way to work in Montreal so I said to the guy that I would come back with a trailer to pick them up.

Went back a couple of months later and the guy said that a scrap metal guy had taken everything away! :-(

Pissed I was. I left him my cell phone number and told him to to call me if he picked one up. Never heard from him since.

is there a list of boats here? I couldn't find one

It would be a long list - a lot of manufacturers are/were using Penta motors.

The quoted thread is a good cross-referencing guide if you're looking at pictures. Most of time, anyone listing a boat for sale will say 'Penta engine' somewhere in the description. If they don't know, the air cleaner usually has the model number on it. Otherwise, you're guessing based on specs; single carb, dual carb, DOHC etc.

Back