• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v kjet

Acurry6

I have been bouncing around a few build ideas both consist of using a 16v. I have access to a b204ft head and I am rebuilding my b21ft. I also have access to a NIB b204 intake manifold. Now my question is, can I use the injector ports from the b204 and make them fit the kjet injectors because I would really like to keep it kjet.

Yep, its certainly doable

In fact, do some searching and you'll find a member here, who has machined adapters to run K-Jet injectors in the EFI manifold.

Because I happen to like it. It's simple.

KJet is not simple.... and it is certainly not worth the hassle to keep it.

MS is a breeze compared to to what it would take to keep something like Kjet running competently on a 16V motor. Do yourself a favor and move into the future.

Because I happen to like it. It's simple.

Well that's a truly brilliant answer..
Don't let anybody talk you out of it!

They'll try and tell you how each fuel distributor was made for EACH version of each motor with scores of variations on the shape and the diameter of the venturi in the air flow head and how it is insanely, rediculously difficult to set up a fuel slope which is clean on bottom but rich enough for boost on top, and the useless nay-sayers will say its incredibly difficult to find un-rusty, un-worn out stuff and they'll say a person who voluntarily chooses to use K-jet on a modified motor is digging their own grave---and a grave for the project..
But they're Negative Nellies...they're right of course but they are just being harsh just to fawk with you.

You just look them straight in the keyboard and say to them "because i like it"

That answer is impervious to all logic..

Stick by your guns..

Bless your heart.

Well how do ya answer " because i like it" ?

It's as if somebody says "I wanna built the baddest ass motor for my Bolbo and i want to read all the instructions in Braille Swedish, and do the assembly with my eyes closed...

because i like it."

whaddya say to such logic?

Go for it.

Well that's a truly brilliant answer..
Don't let anybody talk you out of it!

They'll try and tell you how each fuel distributor was made for EACH version of each motor with scores of variations on the shape and the diameter of the venturi in the air flow head and how it is insanely, rediculously difficult to set up a fuel slope which is clean on bottom but rich enough for boost on top, and the useless nay-sayers will say its incredibly difficult to find un-rusty, un-worn out stuff and they'll say a person who voluntarily chooses to use K-jet on a modified motor is digging their own grave---and a grave for the project..
But they're Negative Nellies...they're right of course but they are just being harsh just to fawk with you.

You just look them straight in the keyboard and say to them "because i like it"

That answer is impervious to all logic..

Stick by your guns..

Bless your heart.

I tried, but John's post does the job so much more eloquently.

OP,

Junking KJet and installing the FI hardware takes a weekend to do properly... but the actual MS harness fabrication and installation can be done in a single day.

Ditching KJet on my '81 244 and moving to Megasquirt was probably the best thing that ever happened to that car. Rather than troubleshooting ten thousand year old wiring and praying that a host of no longer available parts were still working as specified, you're instead starting from scratch with brand new wiring and components. If not done from the performance standpoint, at least consider something like MS from a reliability standpoint.

And don't believe the forum members (hacks) who claim it isn't reliable, or is too overly complex for a daily driver... It's a very simple which runs on a simple assortment of sensors and parts. Do the job *properly*, and it'll serve you well.

Well how do ya answer " because i like it" ?

It's as if somebody says "I wanna built the baddest ass motor for my Bolbo and i want to read all the instructions in Braille Swedish, and do the assembly with my eyes closed...

because i like it."

whaddya say to such logic?
Thanks John now there's coffee on my keyboard!

Like I said. I like k jet. I think it's simple others may not. I'm not trying to make tons of power. I want to do something different. But if it doesn't work then ms it will be.

Back