• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

O2 sensor placement

fastcomet

Im running 20g tubo with 3 inch ex. with glass pack. Where is the best placement for the O2 sensor for the ECU on 2.4 system. Thanks for info. Yes, I searched and get different answers but nothing clear.

Mine 02 sensor is in the same place as the one in a 7/9 turbo downpipe. Seems like Volvo would do more testing then any of us as far as o2 sensor placement.

If you can make 350hp with a 20g let me know

Last edited:
thanks, I didnt have a downpipe to go off of but found a pic on the net. Looks like about 4 inches off of the turbo.

thanks, I didnt have a downpipe to go off of but found a pic on the net. Looks like about 4 inches off of the turbo.

Yup.....but if your welding in a new bung do it on the top side of the downpipe, at about 1 o'clock........you will thank me later.

Ran into another quesiton? Doing custom 3 inch for my turbo. Went to go order an 02 sensor to put in downpipe for the LH 2.4. Just found out that there is an upstream and an downstream sensor. I ordered the upstream but would like to comfirm I am right. I am placing this off the turbo about 6 inches.

Yeah. LH2.4 only has 1 O2 sensor, upstream.

As already said, just make sure the bung points the O2 upward (must be about 10/2 on the clock or steeper) or moisture will kill the sensor.

:rofl: I'm not a 240 guy but I think some 240's were down stream under the car.

Here's mine much simpler to change out if needed.

Don't know about the endoftheline 240's, that had some other EMS, no LH2.4 or older came with 2 O2 sensors, which is what "downstream' refers to. The OP specifically stated he has LH2.4 anyway, so no reason to muddy the topic.

Your setup looks practical in terms of servicing.

Don't know about the endoftheline 240's, that had some other EMS, no LH2.4 or older came with 2 O2 sensors, which is what "downstream' refers to. The OP specifically stated he has LH2.4 anyway, so no reason to muddy the topic.

Your setup looks practical in terms of servicing.

Never said that in my post but the OP didn't say what car he is working on if he told orileys he had an early 240 there could be confusion on what O2 he needed.

I glossed over the lh2.4 part (my bad) I doubt the O'riley guy has a clue what lh2.4 means.

And Volvo put the O2 on the bottom of the downpipe for years so I think the moisture build up claim is muddying the topic, that close to the turbo with the O2 is not gonna be a problem till you need to change it.

Back