• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Warped B18/20 SU manifold

spock345

I finally go around to just yanking the manifold off my car to see what was going on with the lean condition on cylinder 1. turns out the mating surfaces on the manifold aren't true.

Is it worth it to take it down to the local machine shop to get it surfaced and cleaned up or should i just go get another manifold?

I finally go around to just yanking the manifold off my car to see what was going on with the lean condition on cylinder 1. turns out the mating surfaces on the manifold aren't true.

Is it worth it to take it down to the local machine shop to get it surfaced and cleaned up or should i just go get another manifold?

Your intake manifold? My exhaust manifold is wobbly, cleaned it up and bolted back on with a new gasket. Sealed up just fine.

Drop it at the machine shop. It?ll cost like 20-50$, have them do both sides if they done mind.

Ok, I'll go bring it by today. If they don't want to do it I guess I'll do the sandpaper taped to a pane of glass method (the janky way they do cylinder heads). I've got a mirror laying around somewhere.

The plate glass method works good with a little bit of time spent. Get some auto body #80 grit long board sand paper with the adhesive back so you can stick it to the glass.

It seems to have worked OK. I painted the surface and sanded until the paint was gone with 80 grit. Then sanded with 120 and 220 to smooth it all out.

Back