• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 242 dual seat belt latch repair

rearwheelpeel

Slow Learner
Yesterday I decided to take apart the latch mechanism in my 76 242. It holds both latches for the front seats in a box that sits above the ebrake. Mine was filled with gunk and hair glued together by years of soda and coffee spills. When I started to take it apart and clean it, a few small pieces just fell out and now for the life of me I cannot figure out how to re assemble this thing. I?ve got all the parts cleaned, and I?ve been trying to figure out how they go back together for way too long now. Can anyone here guide me through putting this back together, or point me to an exploded diagram type thing where I can just see what goes where?

There are parts diagrams on volvopartswebstore and the original parts catalogs are online with gcp.se.

Do you have a picture hosing site? Some pictures would help. You can also donate to the site here and put pictures in your albums to display.

Back