• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sensitive Throttle

stev

Ever since I bought my 240 5 months ago, the throttle has been very sensitive. The car has been modified a lot but I have no idea where to look for this problem. When the car is idling and you barely touch the gas it will quickly rev up making it difficult to drive. I have gotten used to it but would like to fix it. The previous owner said it may have to do something with the bigger cam but isn't sure. It's kind of embarrassing driving it sometimes because when I lightly give it gas like when I'm in the parking lot or any where I drive at slow speeds, the torque from the car being accelerated forward kind of throws me back into my seat taking my foot off the pedal and then the car goes back down in rpm after I let off. And that causes me to be "thrown forward" and I hit the pedal again and again like if I was pumping the brakes in an automatic car while it was in drive at at stop. Hopefully that made sense.

Does that also happen when you slightly turn the throttle spool (where the cable connects to in the engine bay) by hand?
Or just when pushing the pedal?
Might be something wrong with how the cable is hooked up or something?

Does that also happen when you slightly turn the throttle spool (where the cable connects to in the engine bay) by hand?
Or just when pushing the pedal?
Might be something wrong with how the cable is hooked up or something?

I haven't had the engine put back together for a minute now but I think it did it when I revved it by the throttle spool.

I'm interested in what's been modified. But to me sounds like an automatic with a really loose converter?

What are the engine specs, and what ECU/EZK are you using? Has it been chipped, or remapped, to add lots of timing just off of idle?

Yeah a lot has been done, I just wanted to see if there were any obvious/common fixes for this. But it?s a b230 mega squirt t5 trans, he said ipd cam but have no idea the specs. pretty much aftermarket everything performance related. I haven’t opened up the tuning program to see any information about it.

Back