• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Trailer Wiring

84B23F

RE: 1993 240 with OEM hitch

Did Volvo have a dedicated wiring connector hidden somewhere to be used?

In the late '80's I bought a hitch and wiring harness from the Volvo dealer. The harness ran along side the car's tail light wiring up to the fuse panel and included a trailer connector.

I bought my 242 and it had a trailer hitch and wiring and the wiring was just spliced into the taillight wiring, wires through floor, looks factory as it was done well enough but couldn?t tell you for a fact. The plug was just hanging through the floor wrapped around the hitch, looked like it got ripped off at some point and an extension was poorly added

I bought my 242 and it had a trailer hitch and wiring and the wiring was just spliced into the taillight wiring,

Late 1993-240 wagon I have was done that way. By 1993, iirc, other OEMs like Ford/GM had a plug connector available.

I've not owned a late 240 so I can't speak from personal experience and take it with a pinch of salt, but the late 1993 Greenbook says there's a connector in the left trunk area somewhere (labelled "H").

Screenshots below.
Taken from the Greenbook in the Oz Volvo Archive by searching for "1993 240" or TP32352.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 20
Back