• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

Hibernation

242 meet in Portland when?

It still has a ways to go before its enjoyable. I was an idiot and pulled the HVAC and factory in-car wiring, so I'll need to figure that out. Plus suspension, and cleaning it up after a 2-year hibernation

Talking about hibernation, Mine had about 4 years to the date. Bought it 9/15/16, registered her 9/03/2020:-P. Had to pull the oil pan out for a helluva leak repair. I test drove it around the block and it needs some fine tuning, but it rips!!! 7mgte supra swap 5 speedo trans and a g80 locker. Regards to Seattle !!!

Talking about hibernation, Mine had about 4 years to the date. Bought it 9/15/16, registered her 9/03/2020:-P. Had to pull the oil pan out for a helluva leak repair. I test drove it around the block and it needs some fine tuning, but it rips!!! 7mgte supra swap 5 speedo trans and a g80 locker. Regards to Seattle !!!

Thats an interesting swap, what made you choose 7MGTE?

7mgte swap

Thats an interesting swap, what made you choose 7MGTE?

Hey , the engine was a gift back in 2007. I had a cressida and I swapped the 7mge to the turbo 7mgte. It was my test mule. Had the cressida for over 10 years. It rusted out at the rear suspension and the fuel line. It was costly. I used to tow , so on the way home from work i glanced quick at a 240 wagon. I returned to see it cause I always like them since I saw one back in 1987.I friend has one so i checked the engine bay and toon some measurements. I t was one inch over the cressida engine bay. I had rebuilt the 7mgte, so it has less than 10k.
I began searching for a wagon and it took me about a year to find her. Just today I began reassembly of the flywheel, clutch, trans, driveshaft, trans supports and starter. Tomorrow i shall continue the rest of the things. So thats the reason why. Thanks for your concern
Seeya DZ:)

Hey , the engine was a gift back in 2007. I had a cressida and I swapped the 7mge to the turbo 7mgte. It was my test mule. Had the cressida for over 10 years. It rusted out at the rear suspension and the fuel line. It was costly. I used to tow , so on the way home from work i glanced quick at a 240 wagon. I returned to see it cause I always like them since I saw one back in 1987.I friend has one so i checked the engine bay and toon some measurements. I t was one inch over the cressida engine bay. I had rebuilt the 7mgte, so it has less than 10k.
I began searching for a wagon and it took me about a year to find her. Just today I began reassembly of the flywheel, clutch, trans, driveshaft, trans supports and starter. Tomorrow i shall continue the rest of the things. So thats the reason why. Thanks for your concern
Seeya DZ:)

No concern here, I think its cool

LOL , concern

No concern here, I think its cool
lol , ok , well now you know the reason why the 7mgte. Yesterday I redid the right side motor mount cause the factory toyota has taken a beat and the engine vibrated at 3500 rpm. I friend changed his mounts out of a yukon and one of them was still new.i think it was swapped back in 2016 caused it was stamped 15. It took my an hour but I think it was the best hour invested. I feel it wil diminish dramatically the vibration. I will eventually work with the left mount. The yukon fitted perfect in the volvo cross member like it was meant to be for it.Ma?ana I shoul try to get the rest of it put toghether. Ok Seeya
DZ

aYhvPL8l.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LdcmnLd9co4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exhaust is being fabricated right now. 2.25" downpipes to 2.5" all the way back, over axle.

The STS Machining crossmember fits an AR5 for anyone curious. I think it'll need a few spaces on the mount to get the driveshaft angles right

Thinking I got lucky and found a buddy who is heading my way with an empty trailer on Sunday. I wasn't planning on having my car back in my possession until ~thanksgiving, so I'm pretty excited

Thinking I got lucky and found a buddy who is heading my way with an empty trailer on Sunday. I wasn't planning on having my car back in my possession until ~thanksgiving, so I'm pretty excited

That?s awesome news! Are you going to be able to drive it before winter?

On that topic, what should I do for a basic chassis re-wire? I'll admit now that I was a dumbass who wanted rAcEKoR when I started this, and pulled most of the wiring. Now, I want something I can cruise in with my girlfriend.

Looking through old TB posts, it looks like Painless Wiring has a universal chassis kit. The thread is from 2006, is there any other comapny to look for now?

I think you would be best served by getting factory harnesses to match your dash.
Rather than re-inventing the wheel.

Did you keep any of the parts you pulled?

Alright! My 242 has officially landed. I got super lucky that my buddy had an empty trailer coming out this way. I drove it off the trailer and into the shop, under its own power for the first time in my ownership. I'm pretty excited.

It still needs a bunch of work to be street legal and comfortable. I need a bunch of interior pieces, headlights/taillights, install all my suspension pieces, registration/insurance, etc.

Back