• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 any ideas what might cause this

RickATL

Last edited:
Looking at the drivers side video it doesn't seem like it comes on at all. The right side looks pretty normal to me. I have experienced bad blinker relays that only worked on one side of the car. But not on a Volvo with the electronic relay. It was an older car that used those old style round blinker units. I'd use a test light and make sure you have power and good ground at the light connection. I' have had the rivets that hold the connections to the light bulb socket fail and go open circuit on those lights. To fix that I took the light out and braced the light on a table edge. Then used a punch and hammer to hammer the rivet into connecting again. If it's corroded too much that may not work.

What do the rear turn signals, and side markers (if you have them), do? If you find a bulb that's not blinking at all, it might be shorted internally causing the relay to short cycle. You can try the hazard switch too and see how it behaves, but I don't think it will provide anything useful for diagnosis (probably blinks all lights short+fast).

it was a bad ground.

Thanks for the help TB'ers. It was the ground. Weird how just the bad ground caused it to do crazy stuff.

Back