• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boots leak tool ? Factory inlet size on stock d24 garret t3 ?

impolvo

Is always busy
D24t + Aftermarket intercooler No boost controller just a steel rod in the pressurized line to the internal wastegate
So I was running 20 something lbs no problems
Never really went that hi normally 16 maybe
I noticed my output was declining and the sound of the whoosh changed
Leak can be heard

I went through all my piping and found some small leaks fixed them
Tightened all the T clamps a little bit
But still can?t find where the main leak is
I guess I need something I can clamp onto the intake and pressurize with my air compressor to find where the leak is
Even though the diesel will Build boost in neutral there?s too much wind and noise from other thingsTo efficiently find said leak

If anyone has any tools made for this please let me know
The car is still drivable no problem
The leak doesn?t start till around five psi
And I can still get up to 10 pounds if I am flogging it

No go ahead and criticize away just if you can toss in some helpful information
I?ve had leaks before But they were normally more like blowouts

Hardware store rubber pipe coupler with a plastic pipe cap glued into one end, hole drilled in that and a tire valve in said hole.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u3Kqh52PC6Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use a tire chuck with a gauge on it instead of having two valves.

You can get a PCV cap/plug with NPT thread already in it. Then you just have to add a reducing bushing and your air line fitting. No glue necessary :)

The OD of the plug I have is slightly less than 3”, so maybe 2.5”? It has a few wraps of tape to bring the OD up to work with 3” inlet turbos. Stock turbo inlet diameter is pretty close to 2.5”

You can get flexible rubber caps at the hardware store - try home depot "flexible pvc cap". The 2" cap is for 2" inside diameter PVC, with ~2 3/8" outer pipe diameter. It fits the factory intercooler ports OK. Drill a small hole in the center of the rubber and use the blow gun attachment on the air compressor to pressurize it.

I don't know if a 1.5" cap would fit the turbo inlet or not. You might need to build it up with electrical or duct tape.

Measuring it would tell you what size it is...

Would love to hear a D24 at 20 psi! Got any vids?

2.25 it is
Of on metal pipe that slips over to airbox Od is 2/12

It makes lots of noise and is slow
Everyone turns their heads like it?s a fedex truck but it?s me going 26
Sounds like a school bus
I?m just hoping it?s not a wastegate
If so I?ll have to wedge it open

Back