• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search how do it myself short shifter m90

WTF99

Hello

I search a tutorial for do it myself a short shifter for m90

I have listen that a need to extend the pivot point around 1cm but I have egaly listen 4cm what is the best length for reducing the maximum without have a shifter to hard how I need 2 arms for change gears LOL.

Thanks

How does the throw compare to a stock m46/m47?
I extended my m47 shifter 15mm, and it’s what I feel is a good OEM throw now. Next one will be 20mm I think.
The limiting factor is usually the rubber joint on the transmission and driveline, as the bottom of t shifter gets close to that.

No idea if the m46/m47 can be compared at the m90

Have you measure the movement before and after ?

No idea if the m46/m47 can be compared at the m90

Have you measure the movement before and after ?

Yes, but I?m on holiday and the numbers are in the shop. It?ll be about 10 days until I?m back there.

My m90 short shifter was extended by 15mm below the pivot ball - feels good to me, I don?t think I?d want it to be any shorter.

Cheers

My m90 short shifter was extended by 15mm below the pivot ball - feels good to me, I don?t think I?d want it to be any shorter.

Cheers

Thanks for the information ;-)
Have you measure the approximate length that's you have win ?

The approximate length....now? No, I haven?t- but I have a couple of photos I can email you, pm me your email address and I?ll send them over.

Cheers

I too extended 15mm below the pivot on my M90.

4cm sounds too long, I'd expect you'd end up hitting the driveshaft.

I too extended 15mm below the pivot on my M90.

4cm sounds too long, I'd expect you'd end up hitting the driveshaft.

The guy who told me 4cm is a CENSURED is for this I prefer ask here for have conformation and feedbacks

I test 15mm or maybe 20mm but not more

Is some one have the measure from the movement before and after is appreciate.

The stock length from pivot ball to the center of where the shifter fork attached is about 30-40mm, so adding 15-20mm would result in about 2/3 of stock travel.

I added about 20mm, feels about right, on my brother's car we did a little more ~30-35 but changed it back since the force required for shifting was a bit too much;)

The stock length from pivot ball to the center of where the shifter fork attached is about 30-40mm, so adding 15-20mm would result in about 2/3 of stock travel.

I added about 20mm, feels about right, on my brother's car we did a little more ~30-35 but changed it back since the force required for shifting was a bit too much;)

Thanks for the feedback.;-)

Does anyone know what the absolute max is before it hits the hardy or driveshaft? Reason is because i want to lengthen the shifter too, so the force required would be minimal.

Back