• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Engine Mounts?

Mylesofsmyles

A Member
I found a OEM Volvo part number of 1378657 for my 1992 Volvo 740 Turbo. I need mounts.

It appears Volvo discontinued this part, so I'm curious what people recommend.

Aftermarket mounts have disappointed me previously, thus I'm incredulous.

The two most common fixes I've seen is people drilling their existing brackets to take rubber 240 ones, or finding the older style 740 brackets that use the solid rubber mounts. Currently debating which of these routes to take myself, actually

I have solid mount brackets for sale if anyone needs a set. The motor mounts are $3 a piece.

My guess is these are 84(?) 760 Turbo mounts? What do you need for the brackets? I may be interested...assuming I can track down Genuine Volvo rubber mounts for them.

My guess is these are 84(?) 760 Turbo mounts? What do you need for the brackets? I may be interested...assuming I can track down Genuine Volvo rubber mounts for them.

The bracket offset is different for solid mounts.

DET17's pic:
DSCN8032.jpg

I have one NOS hydraulic mount, have to check if it's Volvo.

Last edited:
Anyone know what is the difference between the 1329428 and 1378657? Some say that soft or hard version is the difference but 1329428 is nearly impossible to get.

Back