• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best dry weather 225/45/16 for spirited driving?

Powder>Paint

Ok, just like the title says, I'd like the community opinion on best performing autox style driving tire in a 225/45/16. Going on chrome Geminis, to bling out The Ticket Magnet. Kinda narrowed it to Azenis, proxes, bfg gforce and a few others. Open to suggestions. And go.

Nokian Zlines are nice. Plus they're a friend of Sweden, Finland. I used to sell them to guys who want a decent wearing summer tire that won't kill your wallet

I like my falkens but I'm partial to a little slip and slide when I want to. It's very predictable and hard to break loose unless you're trying.

Nokian Zlines are nice. Plus they're a friend of Sweden, Finland. I used to sell them to guys who want a decent wearing summer tire that won't kill your wallet

I've seen those.... car isn't driven a ton of miles, maybe 200 a month MAX, so long wearing isn't toooo big of a concern. I really like these,

But I've had great luck w these

And I know guys go fast and turn hard on these

I know ultimately it's just a personal preference, but I'm curious if others have had success w these.

The Zlines are like a 200 treadwear rating. So they're nice and grippy and can break loose predictably. They're fun in my buddies S15. ;-)

Toyo R1R is a very sticky, fast wearing tires. It is also great for rain. It isn't as good as the updated tires like hankook rs4, potenza RE71R, BFG rivals. We daily a BMW on rivals and it is amazing.

I like my falkens but I'm partial to a little slip and slide when I want to. It's very predictable and hard to break loose unless you're trying.
100%. Even their daily econobox tires are great.

The Azenis is a great tire. Good wear characteristics.

As a 30 year veteran of the tire industry, I'll throw my $0.02 in.

If you want stick Auto X rubber, you are paying for TRACTION, dry primarily. If you want commuting tread life, buy that. NO TIRE will deliver both.... it is in the construction of the radial tire. "Fly Paper" tread compounds never wear well, but man will they stick in lateral and drag race applications (NITTO supplied the race rubber on the Dodge Demon). You pays your money, and makes your choice.... but you can't have both.

I'm partial to TOYO/NITTO, as I've worked for them the last 12 years. 5 of my 6 vehicles have our products on them.... and the 6th is a C5 Vette with Goodyear run flats (no spare), so I'm not touching those.

Ok, just like the title says, I'd like the community opinion on best performing autox style driving tire in a 225/45/16. Going on chrome Geminis, to bling out The Ticket Magnet. Kinda narrowed it to Azenis, proxes, bfg gforce and a few others. Open to suggestions. And go.

I've been pleased with the G-force Sports. Good price.

017-M.jpg

As a nice compromise, I like my G-force Sport Comp 2s. They grip very will in the dry and have decent tread wear. They also grip well in the rain, which can't be said for all the high performance street tires. I ran an entire season of autocross on a set with my 1999 Camaro Z28. A few of our events had rain unleash on us. We run rain or shine. That amounted to about 10 events with 3-5 runs per event. They are very predictable. They come in 225/50-16. I just put another set on the Camaro I'm running this season. The other Camaro went to Canada about 2 years ago.

Back