• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ocean MK18 or Timeless + R Brakes

aristg

El Greco Capitano
300+ Club
Hello people,

i am trying to find some wheels for my 240 (which is going to be equipped with the S60R calipers and rotors mod front and back) and i found out that the Ocean MK18's are a direct fit for the car in general.

I am not sure however if the offset (ET6) or the space behind the spokes allow the S60R calipers to be fitted without spacers, especially on the front. On the back the wheels tracks are closer than the front so i will definitely need spacers to get them at the same size, so the problem is solved probably..

The reasons for not wanting spacers is firstly simplicity and secondly if the rims outer side comes in parallel to the fenders outer part (as i have seen on pics without the use of spacers), if spacers are added, the wheel will come off the fender, which for me is a problem. I can not mess with the shape of the body or allow the wheel to rub in any case.

Also saw these Ocean Timeless but they must be designed for later style cars with larger offsets (eg 850) so they will definitely need spacers ... right ?

Thanks !

Hey, bringing back a dead thread. Anyone sort out whether mk18 fit over R brakes?

not without spacers, a low offset wheel + lots of dish does not give much caliper clearance.

the only way it would conceivably work would be if the wheel spokes were arced.

Nuts. I see they're available up to ET21, but that likely still wouldn't clear even with spacers I reckon. Might have to go with XC90 brakes to fit them perhaps.

Back