• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 WD40 or Grease? (Wagon rear strikers)

districtmotors

Hello, would you "WD40" or grease the rear strikers that hold the second row of seats in place (and which release when you need to knock the seats down)? Mine are constantly getting stuck and I have broken two latches as a result...

WD-40 is a terrible lubricant (the stuff in the blue/yellow can). In fact, it's not really a lubricant at all. I'd probably try something like white lithium grease.

However, WD-40 does in fact make a grease!

I rarely use WD-40 on anything. I prefer white lithium grease, or silicone spray if I want something thinner.

WD-40 is a W-ater D-isplacement fluid. Good for soaking metal in for rust prevention, but even then it evaporates eventually.

I would use WD40 to clean whatever old grease, dust or dirt is on the latches. Then see how well they work before adding grease.
Perhaps just a good cleaning will eliminate your issue.

I try to avoid grease on parts of the interior that something (other than the latch) will rub against - like clothing or cargo.

I use the spray white lithium. Works really well and you can get it into all the little gaps. That said, the Syl-Glide works really well also. You can get it in a spray can as well.

It seems to be working. I used the WD40 to clean and then the Lucas Oil White Lithium on the part itself. Thanks for all the input! If you guys could help with my fuel injector issue thread now haha.

Back