• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 850 wagon rear hatch, key stuck in the lock

vxracer

Hello all, I was wondering i anyone has had this happen before. I tried to use the key to open the rear hatch door. Normally, I just use the drivers door to open them all. Everything is operating normally, I can even open and close the rear door. But, the key is jammed in the lock. I tried lubrication, but it just doesn"t want to come out. If anyone else has had this happen, was it a key tumbler issue, or maybe a linkage inside that could be jammed? Frustrating that it seems so simple to resolve. The key turns a little, but not all the way to removal or engage the lock. Just stuck.

Any ideas would be appreciated

I tthink I resolved it with gently using pliers to turn. Eventually it worked. But, fair warning to lubricate locks and not get one stuck as our vehicles get older. Especially where I am in a sandy, salt water environment.

Last edited:
There is a great product called Lock Ease that works very well to keep the tumblers lubricated and smooth. It also will de ice the locks in the winter if needed. Glad you got that key out of the hatch. Thanks for posting an update.

Back