• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 firewall pass through?

getouttamyway

I need to run a wire through the firewall to switch on a set of fog lights. I see posts mentioning that the factory left some ports and/or grommets specifically for this purpose but I can't find them for the life of me. Can anyone point me to a pic?

I've got a 1990 240 DL wagon with an automatic.

I see. Mine has two grommets on the driver's side that are both used. One for the hood release cable and one with a vac line (cruise?). On the pass side it looks like there's one for the rear window squirter and one unused grommet. Was hoping to have an extra port on the driver's side.

On the pass side I actually need that since I relocated the washer tank to the rear and ran the wires jankily through the main harness hole in the firewall.

I want to wire front fogs into the rear factory fog switch. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas!

Last edited:
Locate wiring harness grommets or drill hole and install grommet, some room behind the pedals, gives you a spot for future wires

Back