• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Our latest '70 145 Project - Need a few things. Any Ideas?

Mint2Me

We purchased the 145 a few days ago from the eagle-eyed seller who could recognize solid bones under a pile of junk. He rescued the 145 from a place where it rested since '89. The seller rebuilt the motor, did all of what you are supposed to do to resurrect a sitting car. He then embarked on reclaiming the luster of the original paint!. He left things for me to do like refinishing a fender and under the grille, polishing and buffing trim, adjusting and test-driving and more adjusting.

I want to find a removable roof rack and a source for new bottom seat cushion foam. Any thoughts? I've also ordered $450 worth of lighting upgrades from Daniel Stern Lighting. He sells only the best and I have never regretted my purchase.

Eggie-as-found.jpg

egg_Rear-three-quarter_o-e1572281259345.jpg

Where's the 'Like' button?

Lve it. What year is that? I'm assuming a 60's version to have those opening rear windows.

(EDIT: Derp, it's right there in the thread title)

WOW!

For a rack I would look at Borgeson Special Works LLC in Seattle (bswlimited on ig), they've been making great period correct racks.

That is awesome, great resurrection too. The 1800 wheels fit the car. I buffed my car hard but its has zebra stripes so in todays term "patina" but it shines

Nice car!

Thanks for the almost like. It is a 1970 and maybe the last year for the flipout windows.

Yes 1970 is the last year with pop out windows on the regular 145.
And the 1970 express is the first with the regular windows.

Strombergs, run for it!

J/K, I've never had to deal with them, just SU HS6's and HIF6's. I've always heard iffy things about them, but probably by people who were ham-handing them and didn't understand how they worked.

Strombergs, run for it!

J/K, I've never had to deal with them, just SU HS6's and HIF6's. I've always heard iffy things about them, but probably by people who were ham-handing them and didn't understand how they worked.

They work better and longer than the aforementioned crabs.

Don't understand all the H8 for them personally.

:e-shrug:

The SU's don't have rubber diaphragms to crack and leak, just finely machined alu pistons that don't touch the domes.

Do they have throttle shaft bushings or something? That is the SU's unfathomable failing - having a brass shaft turning directly on the soft aluminum body. I guess it worked better with leaded gas, but not by much.

I love this, the flip out windows, the color, the fact that you also have an 1800S, so much to love!

For the rack, I think 145 and 245 racks can fit either model.

Heh, I was trying to squint through the have in the pic up top to see what else was in the garage. Is that the rear quarter of a 122 I also see?

Full disclosure. The Garage is the seller's and not mine. He has an 1800, I do not. Also in the garage, some nice stuff but I have to invoke executive privilege

Back