• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

93 945ti so rich it...

JonnyScorch

...sprays gas out the resonator seams/connections... this is seriously messed up... I can't imagine a car could pump that much fuel, let alone RUN while doing so...

This started with a routine removal of the injectors to test spray patterns for a leaky/clogged injector. They all seemed to be equal, and made a decent spray. Next i changed the FPR(spare on the shelf, hopefully a broken one) in hopes that it would be the trick to solving the hot start idle issue that started this hole mess.. then i let it run, which it did fine for a few minutes only to smell gas look under the car and see fuel and water spraying out of the resonator.. thankfully the car wasn't warm at all or else it could have been one hell of a BBQ...

So yeah.. wow... I'll swap in a new, known good FPR to see if that does the trick, after i give the gas in the exhaust a day or so to evaporate... Any thoughts/ideas?

OH! The only other thing to note is that i somehow snapped the bolt that holds the fuel rail onto the manifold below the FPR.. the other two bolts that attach the ground wires to the furl rail and manifold are secured just fine, but could this somehow cause the injectors not to ground properly causing an extremely rich situation!?

Thanks!

When the membrane inside the FPR tears, fuel can enter the manifold in great quantities through the vacuumline.
While the engine is running, pull the vac line of the FPR. Is fuel coming out of the FPR?
If yes > FPR broken > replace with new.

ECT = engine coolant temp sensor? That could also be the cause. If it's broken the engine might receive coldstart enrichement all the time = too much fuel.

are you sure it was gas coming out and not just water...doesnt seem like gas could possibly make it that far....
Yeah gas and water.. but definitely enough gas in it to give my hand that evaporative cooling feeling.. and well STINK... I didn't think it could get there either hence my concern and the thread since i'm sorta concerned to run it...
unhook the battery. it will reset the ECU and may help the rich running condition
Battery was unhooked and charged prior to starting, and is unhooked now, as the car has been sitting.
When the membrane inside the FPR tears, fuel can enter the manifold in great quantities through the vacuumline.
While the engine is running, pull the vac line of the FPR. Is fuel coming out of the FPR?
If yes > FPR broken > replace with new.

ECT = engine coolant temp sensor? That could also be the cause. If it's broken the engine might receive coldstart enrichement all the time = too much fuel.
I'll be giving the FPR a change for sure first and then i'll try the ECT as well.. this was particularly warm day so all that extra cold starting fuel would be required even less.

Before this, the car started fine, had a few ups and downs in the idle for the first 30seconds or so, but after driving if i were to leave the car for 30mins and then come back out the idle would be all over the place, it wouldn't die but it sure felt like it wanted to.. well either die or accelerate quickly.. This led me to checking the injectors and the like that then turned into this..

Thanks for the input guys! i'll be giving the FPR and ECT a shot tomorrow if its not raining...

Well i am a paranoid noob... :( I swapped the ECT and FPR and there was still gas coming out around back there.. well, it wasn't from the resonator.. but it sure as hell looked like it! Upon closer inspection it was coming from one of the gas lines that sneaks around there and spraying onto the resonator...

Thanks for the input guys!

Back