• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 740 ride height

poulrais

Anyone has the measurement from the top of the wheel arches to the ground on the front and rear fenders for a 1990+ 740?

Not a 740 obviously, but my 944 measures in at 27 1/16" front, 25 7/8" in the rear. New wagon springs rear, new factory but unknown application front springs.

Not a 740 obviously, but my 944 measures in at 27 1/16" front, 25 7/8" in the rear. New wagon springs rear, new factory but unknown application front springs.

Weird that difference of a little more than an inch between front and rear. That 25 7/8" rear height seems about right.

I'm swapping a Nissan S14 subframe at the back and I forgot to take these measurements before taking out the stock rear suspension and diff.

I want it to sit at around 24 inches front and back.

I wonder what is the height people are dialing in on their coil overs equipped 740.

Good question. I would think that aesthetically speaking the height should be the same front and rear?

I'm going to measure the height from the rockers at the front and at the rear.

Quite a lot of vehicles the top of the rear arch will be lower than the front. Usually not by much, but it is.

I've got around 26.25" on all corners, exception PA front (RH) which is sitting at 26.625". Just installed Kaplhenke coilovers at all four corners. I'll be attempting to "equal out" the fronts, but there are limits on the 7/9 front suspension and due to the driver side (LH) additional mass of battery, fuel.

These values are not final, as all my front suspension bushes are yet to be torqued. Installed new stay radius rods, low mile LCAs. Note that this is not a "lowered 7/9", as I've raised the sedan up from the lowest ride heights which I ran in the past. I'm too damn old to get in & out of lowered vehicles!

I've got around 26.25" on all corners, exception PA front (RH) which is sitting at 26.625". Just installed Kaplhenke coilovers at all four corners. I'll be attempting to "equal out" the fronts, but there are limits on the 7/9 front suspension and due to the driver side (LH) additional mass of battery, fuel.

These values are not final, as all my front suspension bushes are yet to be torqued. Installed new stay radius rods, low mile LCAs. Note that this is not a "lowered 7/9", as I've raised the sedan up from the lowest ride heights which I ran in the past. I'm too damn old to get in & out of lowered vehicles!

Thanks for the info!

Weird that difference of a little more than an inch between front and rear. That 25 7/8" rear height seems about right.
I wonder what is the height people are dialing in on their coil overs equipped 740.
My 940 was sitting at 34cm/13,4" from the hub to the arch at every corner when I had my coilovers installed. I lowered it a bit from there, I'd estimate that it sits at about 25" from ground to arch at the moment. Don't really want to go lower.
The front arch is definately a bit higher than the rear, the gap in the front is bigger on stock suspension.

Back