• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A point of no return.

suterman

Replaced the newly dented door today.

DSC04662.jpg

I peeled off the stickers and the laquer came off the paint...

I took off all the lower trim too.

Also no mudflaps.

DSC04663.jpg

DSC04664.jpg

I have a lot of careful scraping and use of brake cleaner to get the rest of the old tape off, unless someone knows an easier way...?

Then I will paint the sill silver for now until I get round to fixing all the bits of rust, hiding the exhaust and repainting the bottom half.

Not bad from 50 feet

DSC04666.jpg

hmmm
DSC04667.jpg

DSC04669.jpg

DSC04670.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

Last edited:
I perhaps would like the bumper skin to be less wrapped around at the sides. (or maybe no (visable) rear bumper

Except for the cowl and the hood, the car's beginning to look like an '81-'85 .eu spec 245... Looks good... With respect to the rear bumper cover, it's possible that you could modify it with some fiberglass, or plastic that would make the transition a bit smoother between the cover on the sides and the rear quarter panels.

-J

Get a toffee wheel from your local paint factor. It's used on a drill to remove the remains of the tape without damaging the paint.

Looks great man!!! Use lighter fluid to remove the sticky sh1t!!!

im going to be doing the same things as the body trim doesent seem to hold on with the new power and intensif wintah drifting!!!!

its just too bad that i have rust where all those fugly molding hold to, so im going to have to paint the bottoms black... :(*

I was thinking about just using "anti stone chip" paint on the sills for now, its great stuff, goes on quick dries in minutes and comes in different colours.

That looks good. Silver really is the color of choice for 240 wagons. After you take care of the details it'll be a really nice looking car.

You are going to install the rear bumber cover, right?

Looks good man, i couldn't find one of the wheels to get the tape off, but heat and rubbing alcohol did the trick.. took a while though. Try to heat up and peel the tape off clean as much as possible.

yeah I think the cover is going back on, seems like lot of rubbing and scraping then.:-(

Tape removal is easily done with a heat gun (on a low setting) or a toffee wheel as Peter mentioned. The reason it's called a toffee wheel will become obvious the first time you use it.:)

I'll try my local paint factor (yeah right) and try to find a toffee wheel.

Tyres are 225/50/16

I'll try my local paint factor (yeah right) and try to find a toffee wheel.

Tyres are 225/50/16

Wow, I'm amazed at how good it looks without the lower door trim, it really makes the car look lower! Have you had any rubbing issues with that size? I'm running 205/50/16 on mine but they're getting harder to source, very frustrating.

Posted via Mobile Device

no rubbing at all,

It would rub on the stock springs over bumps with the car fully loaded

That's really improved it. :nod:

Does removing the door/sill trim leave many holes?

I'd planned to do this to mine, the earlier cars look loads better without that sh1te plastic trim on them. Removing the black tape from the door tops/window bottoms is also a good (although not easy) move IMO.

I think you should leave the stock rear bumper on, and paint the butt cheeks black to make them less obvious.

This is what you need: Eraser wheel

Back