• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 replacement windshield choices in 2021

mattd1205

I’m looking to get my windshield replaced on my ‘91 240. I stopped by a local glass shop today because I had some spare time. I was offered FYG and PGG as options for $145. Are these any good? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
My FYG windshield is a little soft, and has a number of rock chips for being only 18 months old. Definitely not as good as the OE windshields.
I'm not sure how hard/tempered the PPG glass is.

That being said, I'd do it all over again with the FYG for the price.

Pilkington PGW/Trival glass is still available. It's not $145 cheap, tho. Had one installed in my 242 for $320, plus tax. If the car is decent, body-wise, I would go with the Trival piece.

Not a 240, but my 740 had its windshield replaced due to crack and GEICO picked the softest glass ever. I think a ladybug would scratch it by landing on it

^You'll need to get the FW404 style windshield from someone who has it available, then use the clips to attach the older style trim to it. The other option is to find a good used piece of glass from a pre-1991 car and install that.

I?m looking to get my windshield replaced on my ?91 240. I stopped by a local glass shop today because I had some spare time. I was offered FYG and PGG as options for $145. Are these any good? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

I had a newer style quality windshield installed, and the only real complaint was the trim being too narrow leaving the lower sill corners partially exposed. You may want to specify or source one with a wider trim.

:pow:

Last edited:
Back