• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

76 244 LSx LQ4 Swap - no cut subframe

Mounts are tacked now
IMAGE_967.jpeg

IMAGE_969.jpeg

IMAGE_970.jpeg

IMAGE_971.jpeg

Trans mount....this might change a little bit. Or at least add some gusseting.
IMAGE_980.jpeg

I could have just went straight across (which would have made it a ton easier but then the exhaust would hang pretty low.

Hate to criticize.....your work looked decent until that transmission mount. I wouldn't expect to see that come from a professional shop.

Even with gusseting it'll still look like the $10 of material and 10 minutes of work that went into it!

As I said im not entirely happy with the trans mount. I will probably jig off of this one and then use a single piece of plate and bend in a press break.

Gotta think on it a bit more.

Last edited:
Not trying to criticize, just a suggestion, but having the motor mounts that close together is going to create massive amounts of stress on the factory crossmember, the angle of the twist will cause stress fractures very quickly unless you plan on adding a horizontal support truss or re-enforcing the factory piece. You could add a simple leg out to the frame rails with a piece of angle iron and a couple of bolts. Still no cutting only a few drilled holes.

Big fan of V8 swaps myself ;-)

Thanks for the thread. I've been jonesing for a LSx swap for a while and it's nice to see some of the particulars that go into it.

The reason we ended up designing mine the way we did, was due to the torque of these motors. Could become a problem eventually (would probably just wear the rubber down on the driver side mount from rocking to the passenger side).

Mine can't move left or right, and it bolts down to the sub frame just because we wanted them to be overkill.

The reason we ended up designing mine the way we did, was due to the torque of these motors. Could become a problem eventually (would probably just wear the rubber down on the driver side mount from rocking to the passenger side).

Mine can't move left or right, and it bolts down to the sub frame just because we wanted them to be overkill.

Just looked at your design, almost exactly what I was referring to.....

Overkill is just preparation for future badassary :zeeall:

Back