• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

Photobucket ruined everything but here are some more RX7 updates

tc1Qylnl.jpg

ruCIGWal.jpg

oau89UDl.jpg

8SVi1CTl.jpg

MN46FEgl.jpg

gjgQJa5l.jpg

ec3pnpyl.jpg

jijQgiGl.jpg

5wwB5mDl.jpg

RvOyhYNl.jpg

zycYqnll.jpg

EECIbHml.jpg

Thanks guys, really just trying to broaden my skill set to build the coolest 142 in the world lol. All the money I've earned form this build has gone into buying parts for the 142, hopefully next year will be my year to have my own cool car again.

Thanks guys, really just trying to broaden my skill set to build the coolest 142 in the world lol. All the money I've earned form this build has gone into buying parts for the 142, hopefully next year will be my year to have my own cool car again.

Excellent news. Really interested to see what you're going to stuff in that short little engine bay.

6.0 with twin s366's. Reaaaaalllllly want to have AC in the car too, planning on rear mount radiator, but that could all be a pipe dream once I start mocking everything up. Probably going to move the firewall back some to make room. Lot's of dreaming that might not become reality.....but number one goal is to be able to drive it anywhere i want and run 8.50's, we'll see.....

6.0 with twin s366's. Reaaaaalllllly want to have AC in the car too, planning on rear mount radiator, but that could all be a pipe dream once I start mocking everything up. Probably going to move the firewall back some to make room. Lot's of dreaming that might not become reality.....but number one goal is to be able to drive it anywhere i want and run 8.50's, we'll see.....

Im thinking about a LS swap in my 142 too. Are you going to use the stock front suspension?
Built a 142 with an old 350 many years ago and the front suspension with steering box and frame rails suck big time :)

Yeah most likely mustang struts and a manual steering rack of some sort. I plan on keeping some resemblance of the factory front frame rails so it doesn't get called a racecar. Hoping to just tie in some good subframe connectors and a chromoly 8.50 cage. My biggest motivation on the mazda now is getting it done so I can start on my car.

Got the floor filled back in with room for the diff and driveshaft tunnel raised up, going to knock out the cage this weekend.

5w9Zr3Vl.jpg

qEd6JvCl.jpg

Killer stuff.

Sheeeesh. Would you start it already.:-P

I bent up half of an 8.50 cage to tie the back of the car back together, tied in the 4 link mounts too. Went back and forth on doing the full cage but decided I can add it in the future if he decides too. Found a perfect 14 gallon steel tank to go back in the stock spot and stay under the floor, even get to plumb the stock filler neck back it for super street car status. Added a small sump for the 044's.

94Ob5Ljl.jpg

38J0W15l.jpg

9kNmUpwl.jpg

3K8bXtQl.jpg

hJuWlK3l.jpg

cGsfzWtl.jpg

Going back together for the last time I hope. My father in law who owns the car is pretty handy with a rattle can, turned out pretty decent. The cage was done with brush on hammer paint, probably wont use it again.

R4iSWrXl.jpg

83gFWQMl.jpg

8xlQwkyl.jpg

CW0d0Gjl.jpg

Back