• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

awesome, congrats AJ! I just became an uncle again yesterday. Not that much fun when they're football sized but I'll have to give him a couple years.

re: AW50-42 , I thought 1999+ had the 5 speed auto, but after checking it turns out they went to the garbage 5 speed auto in 2001. One of the volvospeeder duders that will be there on Saturday might have an extra one of them.

Thanks, all! Two kids in the Volvo is fun:

41690991_105943386988607_6925026745650482437_n.jpg

:)

awesome, congrats AJ! I just became an uncle again yesterday. Not that much fun when they're football sized but I'll have to give him a couple years.

re: AW50-42 , I thought 1999+ had the 5 speed auto, but after checking it turns out they went to the garbage 5 speed auto in 2001. One of the volvospeeder duders that will be there on Saturday might have an extra one of them.

Your original thought was correct. 5 speed auto's were 99+

Would be nice to locate a 50-42LE before long as I am hoping to re and re while the weather is still co operating - apparently 1999 was the last year for the 4 speed auto, 2000 had the 5 speed and the 2nd generation platform ( 2001 + ) had I believe the 6 speed along with the Ford ownership in full swing. Technically 1998 was the last true production Volvo only year but 1999 was still a decent car with coil packs and a ETM the only real updates. Surprisingly easy to work on overall if a FWD model, wish all Volvos had a heater core that can be done in less than an hour!!

I will be driving a 1994 silver 945T with Hydra wheels if anyone can hopefully direct me to whoever might have a 50-42 for sale should be at Cates late morning/noonish.

So the wife and I are staying in Langford at the little RV park by western speedway. I've been working on call, lots of odd shifts, overnights, etc., So I've maybe not been paying a ton of attention to the real world.

Got off work at 5 this morn, go to sleep. Wake up at 7 BRAAAP BRAP BRAAAAAAP! What the?!?!?

Look out the window and it's drift day at the speedway!
I've had little sleep for the last three days, but I'm not even mad. There's at least two 740s and 1 240 so far.

Gonna be a good (tired) morning!

Aaahhh!!! The crazy supercharged 740 from Nanaimo just rolled in! I've wanted to see this thing sooooo bad!

Got some volvo parts would like to unload.

https://imgur.com/a/Lfb02uW

also have a 740 cargo cover not pictured.

would like it all to go as a lot.

offers.

Parts are in Mission but can bring to Surrey(hwy10 & 152nd) Mon, Wed, Fri

list of whats in album
240 740 940 gasket
240 740 New Fuel Pump
740 760 780 940 960 s90 v90 Fuel Sealing Ring
740 jetronic
740 Turn Signal
850 Gasket
850 Seat Shaft
940 960 s90 v90 Spacer plate
960 MAF
Body 140 + 164 rear wing lower left rear Volvo part 615278
Body Sheet metal 140 160
CV Boot 850 70series
Door Actuator
Volvo OEM Fluids
Front Amber
Headlight TowPoint
HeaterControl
Map Sensor C70 V40
Misc Gaskets
Misc Headlight wiring
Misc O2sensor
Rear Lenses 6 panel
Rear Lenses 5 panel
Rear wheelarch repair 140160 LH outer 140 - 160 2-5 doors
Rear wheelarch repair 140160 RH outer 140 - 160 2-5 doors
Rear wing rep, front LH 144-5 140 - 160 4-5 doors
Rear wing rep, front RH 144-5 140 - 160 4-5 doors
S60 S80 V70 Trim Clips
S60 V70 Light Switch
Shutoff Valve 90 series
Steering Bellows
Strut Perch 200
Used External Fuel Pump
USed Heater resistor
Used intank Pump 740
Used Timing Belt

Last edited:
Volvo S80 parts available locally, for a limited time.

Hi folks,
So I bought a winter beater a couple of months ago, so I wouldn't have to drive the rusty snot rocket in the rain.

Instead of getting something sensible, I was mesmerized by the letter "T" and the number "6" and foolishly purchased my first FWD Volvo, a 1999 S80 T6.

The T6 is a very nice engine, I really like it.

The rest of the car is crap. Sure it's really comfortable and luxurious, but I never imagined that 268hp could be so incredibly boring to drive.

Also, the tranny is as fragile as glass, and every single part of the car that contains electronics is flakey. Everything. From the radio with a screen that works for ten minutes a month, and randomly reprograms its presets, to fog lights that exist, but can't be switched on, high beams that won't latch on, climate control that has its own agenda, the list goes on.

Anyway, to get to the point, the ETM (electronic throttle) crapped out over the weekend, and I've had enough. After getting towed home, I bought a van to drive to work, and after I yank the T6 out of this piece of crap, it's going to the crusher.

It's getting scrapped soon, because it can't live in front of the house for more than a few days.

All parts except the engine are available cheap while it lasts.

It has a black leather interior in really nice shape.

I have a new set of wiper blades, not yet installed.

Last edited:
anyone have an s70 heated seat switch? one of mine crapped out :(

Sim, a local volvo tech that works at JP North Van just bought a pretty mint $100 s80, i'll let him know you're planning on parting it out
edit: he's asking about the interior trunk panels / spare tire cover etc. what kind of shape is that stuff in?

Sim, a local volvo tech that works at JP North Van just bought a pretty mint $100 s80, i'll let him know you're planning on parting it out
edit: he's asking about the interior trunk panels / spare tire cover etc. what kind of shape is that stuff in?

That stuff is in great shape, I was remarking how nice it is when I was pulling it off to try and get the parcel shelf speakers out last night. I don't think I wrecked any of it, but I can double check.

It has the big rubber mat back there, that's why my tools didn't trash the trunk.

Tell him to act fast, once the engine is out, I'm calling for the final tow, I need to beat the bylaw guy.

On that note, I'm off to work on it.

Back