home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 06-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
jmc0369
Board Member

Default Proposed shortened trailing arm, thoughts?

There are a couple of good threads on nodded trailing arms but I have these '99 Suzuki vitara torque rods on hand. I removed then from a junkyard vitara to make B230/240 motor mounts as they are very beefy. Then it occured to me that the bushing housing is the same size as the front position bushing housing on the 240 trailing arm. I have the OEM 240 bushing without holes, but thought this Suzuki bushing was just beefier and that i could lop off the volvo bushing and weld on the Suzuki part (3/4" shorter than stock)- then finish off the boxing of the arm.

Dimensionally speaking the suzuki bushing takes a 12mm bolt instead of the Volvo 1/2". The bushing sleeve is 2 9/16 vs 3" but that can be solved with appropriate thickness 12mm washers welded on the inside of the cars brackets as spacers.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; only ourselves can free our minds" - you know who!

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jidu Krishnamurti

Last edited by jmc0369; 06-05-2021 at 01:05 PM..
jmc0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #2
Jerd
Board Member

Add an "h" into the image url to get a huge thumbnail you can use an "l" to get a large thumbnail. Examble: .imgur.com/Yk1Vnl7h.jpg
Jerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
jmc0369
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerd View Post
Add an "h" into the image url to get a huge thumbnail you can use an "l" to get a large thumbnail. Examble: .imgur.com/Yk1Vnl7h.jpg
Thank you
jmc0369 is offline   Reply With Quote