• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Any Good (performance) Alignment Shops In SoCal?

stev

I have a mostly aftermarket suspension setup on my 242, but need it aligned properly. I bought it with an out of line alignment and would like to get a custom alignment done. I don't know any shops around me (Orange, CA) so please let me know any good/reputable shops for my car.

Looking for factory spec or something specific? String alignments make a lot of sense on these cars seeing as you only have two wheels to align.

I've been to a shop that did alignments for track day cars (HPDE) but I didn't use them (arm and a leg), just did my tech inspection and bought some safety gear there. You might have better luck checking with local HPDE organizers for lists of tech inspection shops they work with.

I'm w/ redblockpowered - string, toe plate and angle gauge method is what I've been doing since the "standard" alignment shops rarely humor exact alignment spec requests these days. They just move things into the green and call it good.

This guy on YT is helpful inspiration and a needed nudge to myself when it comes to alignment time: https://youtu.be/fDa6lF1LBX4

Wow okay I didn't know it was common to do alignments yourself, I'll check him out and decide if I should do it. Better than paying $100-$200 for an alignment every time.

Just a streetable car that can see the track every now and then. I just bought this car and have no connections or knowledge about shops that work on modified cars let alone modified Volvos.

What have you done to your car? Unless you've got coilovers and adjustable strut mounts you can take it anywhere.

You should be able to take it to any alignment shop. There is no magic to it, but you need to provide them with specs otherwise they will set it to factory specs which favor comfort and understeer.

Here is a thread with street car alignment suggestions:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=233119

Or you could buy/make some alignment plates or use string and do it yourself, it's not hard. Lots of youtube videos on the subject.

West End Alignment is the best in socal for this in my opinion. They used to be in Gardena and recently moved to a new location, not sure exactly where. You can look them up on yelp or instagram for a contact number.

Back