• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 heater box

242 glt

Is there a difference in 86+ heater boxes in 240s. i have a 81 242 and i want a low mile box out of a jy car.
I replaced the heater core a year ago, i got it from imc and the #$%^er split on the bottom.
I just wanna replace the whole thing.

Is there a difference in 86+ heater boxes in 240s. i have a 81 242 and i want a low mile box out of a jy car.
I replaced the heater core a year ago, i got it from imc and the #$%^er split on the bottom.
I just wanna replace the whole thing.

I don't think the heater box changed, except for the AC evaporator, which changed in '90 or '91 when 240s went from expansion valve/receiver-drier to an orifice tube/accumulator system.
Dave B

This is true, the box is the same except for the change in evaporator. Even that is negligible though. You should be fine.

There is a difference in the 91+ heater boxes. I changed the one out in my '84 for one out of a '92 as part of an A/C upgrade and I found that the 2 center vfan housings on the box are wider apart on the newer box assembly. So what you'd have to do if you're going to get one of these assemblies is to make sure you also get the plastic adapter thing from the donor car. It's the thing that goes from the 2 round air outlets on the fan housing to the back of your rectangular center vents. The older style won't work on the newer box.

Back