• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Rebuild

dobber13

I am rebuilding my Garnett T3 and I have a rebuilt cartridge.My question is when I removed the cartridge I marked the outer housing because I noticed thay are not just bolt together. You can rotate the housings.When I put it back together can I leave them loose to hook up the oil lines? Will I be able to tighten the housing bolts after? or is there a proceedure? Thanks for any help. Charlie If anyone is interested I got the cartridge on Ebay $125.00 there where 2 left after auction #2400555806

I may not understand fully what you are asking, but I would think that since the housings have tabs that need to be folded over the bolts, and torque specs that are pretty specific, it would probably be easier to do all of that on a bench, and struggle with the oil lines with the whole thing tight.

What is the problem with the oil lines? I would think you could take those off, put the turbo on, then attach the lines, but it's probably more complex than that. I'm planning on switching my turbo out with a slightly more potent model pretty soon, so let me know how it goes.

Erik

Back