• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 compound/sequential turbos

Tuning update.

The small wastegate that is in the small turbo is not used only the wastegate between the small and big turbo, The wastegate controls the small turbo boost pressure and overall boost pressure of 1.5 bar (22 psi) for now. The wastegate on the big turbo is set to 0.6 bar ( 9 psi).

With this I get the max boost pressure 1.5 bar (22psi) at 3000 rpm and it holds it's no problem.

The problem with this that the megasquirt can't control 2 boost controlers with flex fuel correction that I now off. So I can't really get more boost on E85 and less boost on 95 without making the small turbo work really hard.

But if a make it so the wastegate of the small turbo control the boost to around 1.3 bar (19 psi). Then when the big turbo start to make boost the wastegate between the turbo to start open and bypass all the exhaust to the big turbo. So the small turbo will no longer produce any boost and the big turbo to make the boost only.

So with that system of oprestion I can control the big turbo boost to very the boost pressure between e85 and 95. Will try this out later on.

Come with some ides of you're one on how the control and very the boost pressure.

Does anyone in this thread now how fast the td04 16t spools on the b230? I get around 1 bar(14.5psi( at 2700 rpm. Want to now if that is normal. Thanks in advance.

Hello

The g80 locker has exploded or something it doesn't sound right and it has a hole in the diff cover now.

I have a 960 mutilink that i'm thinking of putting in instead, I have all the brackets and the 960 fuel tank to.

What are your guy's thoughts of using a gtb2056vl vgt turbo from a d5 as the small turbo. Or will the vanes melt over the egt of the gasoline exhaust.

Otherwise I will use 3 turbo. The smallest form the ford focus 1.0 ecoboost turbo then the td04-16t then a holset hx35 or hx40 turbo. With a bypass vavle to bypass the smallest turbo.

And a white block is also in consideration a t4/t5/t6 engine so a can get 4 valves per cylinder or get a 16v head for the b230.

Last edited:
Update

After alot of testing I have decided to go full compund setup. It's alot more simple to do a compund then a sequential. So I will make a new manifold, It will be a log manifold and a gtb2056vnt turbo as the Hp turbo. Yes a vnt turbo so will see how it works. Hope to get 1.5 bar ( 22 psi ) below 2000 rpm.

I will use a normal wastegate to operate the vanes on the vnt turbo to control the boost pressure.

I'm having a problem with the manifold is getting red hot after some light snow drifting. Maybe it that all the exhaust flow in to the big wastegate instead of the Hp turbo so it's losing all the heat energy in to the manifold instead of to the Hp turbo. So it's getting so hot from that can make a video of it.

I live were we get alot of snow here in sweden, So alot of fun driving and ice drifting:)

FfBLsd9.png

lYDDl0M.png

iIMfuFT.png

Why so much boost so low? What's your rpm set to?

Well there's no real goal but I would like 400 nm ( 295 lb-ft) at 2000 rpm and that requires 1.2 to 1.4 bar ( 17 to 20 psi ). And a really wide power band I don't like when the turbo start to build boost at 3000 / 3500 rpm and full boost at 4000 / 4500 rpm. So I will get alot of area under the curve = faster car. The rev limit is set to 7500 rpm.

It's also alot easier to daily drive when the engine isn't almost dead before the turbo kicks in.

400nm at 2000 rpm sounds like an awful amount of load to put on the crank and bearings, you might be one of the few here that will manage to break a b230ft crank. I do agree with your area under the curve point though, much easier to live with

400nm at 2000 rpm sounds like an awful amount of load to put on the crank and bearings, you might be one of the few here that will manage to break a b230ft crank. I do agree with your area under the curve point though, much easier to live with

Torque doesn't change with speed. There's no difference between 400nm at 2000rpm than there is at 5000rpm. If the crank can do it, it can do it whenever.

Back