• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C P2 R electrical gremlins - time for xemodex CEM repair?

I bought a Dave Leach laptop, I was gonna do the install and all that myself but I have been just so damn busy now a days, spending a few bucks to have a working solution was a good option for me.

Id recommend that route, He also offers a bootable SSD so you can reuse your own laptop if you want to save a few bucks.

Dave has a usb stick with Vida 2014D on it. Get your own dice and you are rocking. Boot in safe mode and choose the usb stick and away you go.

It is known as the VIDA2Go option.

Without scanning it, you're just kinda pecking around in the dark with an R.

If i had to guess, i'd vote for disabling the alarm with Vida Dice (contact Contrast on SS), a bad clockspring, maybe something busted in the headlights -- expensive to fix, yet common. Suspension is pretty easy to figure out with a scan.
Make sure the battery is fresh or you'll be chasing your tail.

I don't even own a CAN network car at the moment and I'm getting ready to have Dave build me a laptop for both VIDA (and one of his DICE units) as well as VCDS so I can service/diagnose the parents' XC60 and V70R. Hard to beat the service he provides for the money.

Holy cow Batman what language are you guys speaking? I knew that the technology had evolved but this is nuts.

Holy cow Batman what language are you guys speaking? I knew that the technology had evolved but this is nuts.

What's fun is the cars referenced here are 13+ years old (14 if you have an 07 R). New cars have modules for everything (and I mean everything).

Username checks out :nod:

The P2 network layout is so archaic, to me anyways. P3 cars got a little more interesting.

The SPA/CMA cars out now, is just a mess of networks on top of networks.

Jordan

Back