• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740/940 Motor mounts are not Available????

brickyard92

I can?t believe I can?t source out genuine motor mounts anymore! Corteco and Hutchison are not available anymore!! All the Aftermarket mounts are Junk!
I?ll have to Email scandix and inquire what brand are they carrying these days.
Let me know if anyone can track down a source please!!

If you have the part numbers you can check on gcp.se to see if they are available. They are the genuine volvo parts source for our cars now. I'd also check with VP autoparts.

Gcp don't have them.VP auto parts say they do but we don't know the brand. I know these cars are getting older and it's not profitable to make them anymore, but that part is important.We're surprised that Volvo has discontinued making them though.:grrr:

So it?s official?Per scandix ,no more genuine engine mounts available!!
The question now is what?s the best Aftermarket mount on the market. And believe me there?s a huge selection!!! ;-)

I went for the Landrover Defender ones, slightly stiffer but still way better than PU. There are versions with 2 and 3 ribs, I used the 2 rib one.

As for the non-oem replacements, most FEBI bushings I got have done well in the past

Huh, I wonder why they're NLA. I bought Corteco mounts for my 740t just a year ago from FCP. They're alright, IMO.

through out the years, there have been many NLA items but this one is a head-scratcher!! Some parts house still have Corteco, and Hutchison still listed and when you call them they tell you they're NLA.

I've had a pair for a long time. They came from IPD with part #1878657. One is in a box that says FEQ, the other is in a plastic bag marked URO. The metal strap on one mount is snapped in 2, but this part should be very easy to come by. Let me know if these parts would work for you.
-Lazarus

Back