• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Has anyone done an eBrick yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iggy list FTW.

I have wanted to do an E-vehicle for a while. I just can't clear out my other projects enough to start building one. My actual stupid idea is to use a Ford Aerostar as the base. RWD, Unibody but kinda built like a truck frame, plenty of room under the floor after removing everything.

I want a city car/delivery vehicle that can maybe pull a small trailer too. 100 miles of range, would need to hit 80mph but would spend most of it's time between 0 and 40.

Problem is my wife hates the Aerostar, or any minivan for that matter, and wouldn't use it for anything! lol. But I do want to build it for the studio to use. We do a fair amount of events in town where we haul a ton of long but not too heavy items (stands, backgrounds, lights).

The pure e volvo specs XC40 RECHARGE

402 hp. 0–60 mph in 4.7 sec. 2,000 lb towing. No carbon emissions while driving. With the
A large 78 kWh battery with a projected range above 200 miles* So you don't have to charge it often. And when needed, it can fast-charge from 10 to 80% in approximately 40 minutes**
TRADE THE FOSSIL FUEL '06 XC 90 IN AND MAKE YOUR MORONIC AZZHOLE GOV. PROUD!
:-P

205095_The_new_Volvo_XC60_T8_powertrain-768x432.jpg

Volvo T8 powertrain: combustion engine, turbocharger, supercharger, electric motor – 400 hp total​

The electric motor is in the back. I was going to buy this when I got the Tahoe it was 10k more at >80 stacks.... I backed off. In my mind I may as well buy the 911 I've always wanted down the road. Then maybe the LS goes in something else. BUT SINCE we already own an '07 3.2 V8 AWD volvo.... I really don't need to go there with LS swaps in the first place.
RIgXWyq.jpg

Last edited:
STtjt36.jpg

Its 14 years late . But Im enjoying it alot. It talks alot but has alot to show for it...
is this its thread :lol:

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
RmkStkN.png

Heres Dr Dieter Gerling and Dajaku Guraquks ISCAD. Intelligent stator cage design. It is the one that allows for pole switching on the fly. It is a very high current machine at only 48 volts when essentially you have only 1 turn in the slots a solid copper or aluminum buss. The future.... If you are interested in building it I have more sparkles...as I have direct professional lines to them.
Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
UQ24Qf0.png

Here's the general topology for an IN WHEEL designed permanent magnet flux switching machine. It has full flat torque nearly acroos the entire speed range from a dead standstill. No car on the road has this yet but I'm not giving you anything. The bot and I are holding the appropriate design criteria for the stator and rotors dimensions you see from the Drs. here with me. Without that unless you are a Harvard level motor designer you wont get the expected result!​

Regards
Hubert

0muxbGL.png

And this is YASA. See what Texas has on it......

In the meantime a person with a lathe may stack rotors and stators from appliance BLDC motors to create a 9 or 10 inch diameter foot long external rotor designed BLDC machine. Change the magnets to neodymium from ferrite . Then wind it wye - delta like I've shown you and have something that will have much higher efficiency and efficiency is what governs electric power. I will show you how it does later.

EhHnYkL.png

edFeLW4.png

Maybe this is the kind of gift a foil hat dunce wants. You can scrap these from quality washing machines. Get 10 -12 of these stator and rotor stacks from ebay mounted together for one long stator and rotor bell and a good lathe and you can begin from there. You will have to create rotor bell to encase the stacked rotors. Once a complete bell is made it will be very dangerous to lower it onto the wound stator by unskilled persons... u need some type of safe fixture or gantry setup. The general winding scheme for this topology would be ABCABCABCABCABCABC. Im sure they can wind it in Texas by using the good grammar of the English major. :-P

Now I'm going to take the head off my 740, work on baby boys stereo, and enjoy my Sunday. The real chat botting starts now.

TTYL
Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
The dunce with the foil hat from Texas
OK, drop the attacks, and share the knowledge. This is not OT, and I'll be cleaning this up.

Iggy list FTW.

I have wanted to do an E-vehicle for a while. I just can't clear out my other projects enough to start building one. My actual stupid idea is to use a Ford Aerostar as the base. RWD, Unibody but kinda built like a truck frame, plenty of room under the floor after removing everything.

I want a city car/delivery vehicle that can maybe pull a small trailer too. 100 miles of range, would need to hit 80mph but would spend most of it's time between 0 and 40.

Problem is my wife hates the Aerostar, or any minivan for that matter, and wouldn't use it for anything! lol. But I do want to build it for the studio to use. We do a fair amount of events in town where we haul a ton of long but not too heavy items (stands, backgrounds, lights).
I like the aerostar chassis, and I worked on them at several ford dealers, so I know them inside-out. My father woned one for a pretty long run, too. I personally never liked the long dash, but it is way better them the Lumina MPV.
The shassis is wide open underneath, so all the batteries could hide under there and possible even use a rear transaxle. Use the small under-hood area for all the sound equipment.

Please remove his meme as well then coz if he starts it I will finish it. I dont owe him to show him anything with that mouth until Im good an ready.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=6184623&postcount=65
It doesn't fly with me and I wont put up with it to share anything I promise you....
He and anyone that wants to teach grammar can start their on EV threads to act ignorant and give grammar lessons in. You can trust that I wont be there an neither will any real knowledge about the subject at hand.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Hubert

Last edited:
OK, drop the attacks, and share the knowledge. This is not OT, and I'll be cleaning this up.

I like the aerostar chassis, and I worked on them at several ford dealers, so I know them inside-out. My father woned one for a pretty long run, too. I personally never liked the long dash, but it is way better them the Lumina MPV.
The shassis is wide open underneath, so all the batteries could hide under there and possible even use a rear transaxle. Use the small under-hood area for all the sound equipment.

That would be so awesome to have two 15's under the hood bangin' Screw! :zeeall:

TiW4u1Q.jpg

Here's the stator to another alternative. The Synchronous Reluctance Machine or SRM. This is being looked at as a cheap alternative to motors using expensive rare earth. It also makes for much safer production. I cannot remember what appliance this was out of but if you stacked a good bit of them and the rotors on one long shaft you'd have a pretty potent internal rotor SR machine. The rotor for this is simply and 8 tooth stack of silicon steel laminations. The issue with this machine is it is not as quiet as others because of the space harmonics associated. The hybrid wind would pay huge benefits in its improvement. In its native form it is still about 100 time more efficient than brushed trash.

Regards
Hubert​

9GkQndf.jpg

There are some people on this board that are capable of building this. Im watching their work. Others here could even reverse engineer the drives Logic board to control a more robust bridge. Engineers and smart people here on this board may note the optical trigger wheel that sports grey code. Typically these are driven with VFD's using DTC (direct torque control) or current flux control algorithms. The capable can build a fat SRM. Itz just steel and the copper coils. NO MAGNETS.

Hopefully no one ruins it for everybody. I have Direct lines to Dr Konstatin Kannelis from Germany. He is a SRM expert. If you get anywhere near complete with the general construction of the machine I will wind the machine and Dr Kannelis may be coerced into helping with a state of the art drive design. This stuff is not for clowns. I need capable hands... not an obscure stereotypical usage of colloquial folklore referencing a dead dj from Texas I never listen to. I guess since Im Black that's what he assumes I listen to? That's too funny all between the lines. Still here trying to learn something from me. I guess he thinks you are stupid Mike ep??? I can help with that..... you never mentioned 15's in your quoted post because that has nothing to do with EV's, so I can gather from this that he is also following me around on the board exclusively at this point....He isn't exactly what most people would call an enigma when he does that... :roll:

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited:
Everyone thinks Tesla first but they should look at the development of the Prius . It is as good if not more impressive but no one likes little ugly Toyotas. However they have one helluva electric motor in them that some of the best in the world designed. Dr Hendrsot is an IEEE fellow.

I have issues with Elon Musk as in I would not work for him even if my office had the right number of strippers and their poles were in the right colour. But, I can't argue with Tesla's stock value and the fact he has helped a lot, in a Steve Jobs kinda way, to popularize fully electric cars.

I have read some of the SAE papers on the Prius -- I should try to find the IEEE ones as I am a member -- and while I think it is pretty clever there is one thing I do not like in their setup: it has no way of locking the engine gear to the output gear so you can run the electric motors at the same time the engine instead of having the smaller motor (MG1?) act as the electric lock for the engine (as in has to provide enough power to keep the engine "locked" against the output gear). That discovery pissed on my plans to put a Lexus GS450h "transmission" in my Volvo; I want to be able to apply insanity on demand

Hi Dalek
I wouldn't either, but then again he wouldn't hire me and pay me top dollar for long anyway. Once he got what he needed, my attention to things like safety would run a me out the door. See the fool yesterday on the news that insist on driving his TESLA from the back seat??? The guy makes a plea "you guys just don't understand me" The next mass murderer watch. The guy said it almost crying. It's sad these states of mental health in America. "I cant get a girlfriend so imma kill everybody in the grocery store"." No one likes me" I honestly didn't realize there was chatroom for griping this. It's like sociopath empowerment :wtf: Even though its an ongoing investigation into their autonomous driving system he's still decides to be a fool an endanger all us. :) The cops impounded the car for a year but the fool went right back out and got another the next week and continues to do it. :) It amazes me. He clearly is dumb as hell yet has plenty of coin and still cannot get a girl or any friends. WOW......what a twist and really strange person. Im for inclusiveness but damn!

attachment.php

I haven't looked at the the Lexus design but if you're in the IEEE as I am then you have the best sources for information on motor development and EV technology. Dr Sariful Islam is at NC STATE DEECS (ABB corporate research center)This motor I posted is his wye-delta hybrid. He sent the photos to me and his thesis on it. Look up his work as well as Dr Gerlings and Dajaku Gurakuq. Dr Hendershot is really deep in looking for wonder materials with negative permeability.

0dEd0IK.jpg

uJ0Vqup.jpg

And yes Mercedes has really turned it around.....from the days of the cars looking like ugly azz Chryslers. Thank god!!! Check on the Arrow EQ awesome no doubts! Is tesla more advanced or more experienced in cars than BENZ are they sure???....MBV has really been a decent employer. No issues with them. I cannot say the same for Amazon !!! :omg:

Im sorry but if you actually review the E maybach's you will realize at a quick glance of the complete cars inside and out that TESLA aint really got sht! Real talk

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back