• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Alternative Front Seats For 740

lookforjoe

Making Volvo Parts Fit
300+ Club
Couldn't find anything searching the forum - but the search feature has never worked for me in any meaningful way....

Basically looking for alternate front seat options for the 745 I will be turning into a pickup a la StiggyPop. Ideally from a 2 door since access to the rear footwell area is now required.

Curious if anyone has used P1 (C30) seats, since they fold forward. At this point, P80 (C70) seats are likely too old to be in good nick.

I know anything can be made to fit - so let's keep it to what will align with the existing track width, assuming possibly some extra bracketry required.

Would love to hear from ppl who have used alternate Volvo seats.

Honda prelude seats come to mind. Not too hard to find in junkyard. 97-01 is the year range. Some people have used s40/v50 seats so pretty sure the c30 seats would work.

Honda prelude seats come to mind. Not too hard to find in junkyard. 97-01 is the year range. Some people have used s40/v50 seats so pretty sure the c30 seats would work.

Thanks - no JY in my area (50-60 mile radius) at all, so have to rely on private sales, mostly. If V50/S40 seats have been used, C30 is the same, just has flip function for seat back :)

I've installed Scion xB/xA seats into 3 different cars- they are very light, comfortable and all manually adjustable. I usually try to use original seat brackets/sliders and bolt the replacement seat to the base.

My seat replacement from years ago - doubt much has changed since.

Within bounds of reason nothing should be too tough to adapt with the help of a local fabricator/machine shop and minimal $.

FWIW:

https://pbase.com/chumley1/seats

Settled on S2000 leather seats. I already have them in my X1/9, so I know they fit my form factor. All manual, no airbag **** to deal with.

Screen-Shot-2021-04-02-at-10-40-28-PM.png

Back