• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Yeah its still boost-less, and will remain so for a while. Moneys tight, and just getting things like the overdrive and exhaust fixed are going to be close getting it to alabama, but it WILL be there.

Yeah its still boost-less, and will remain so for a while. Moneys tight, and just getting things like the overdrive and exhaust fixed are going to be close getting it to alabama, but it WILL be there.

right now its lightyears ahead of my 242, sitting in the same field it has been for 8 years.

congrats on the joy of the red block.

get a nitrous kit and jet it for a 120 wet shot, ride out. cheap, fun, relatively safe.

Small update, I have an AEM UEGO on order as well as a couple of cans of interior paint to paint my dash with. Ghettoed up an exhaust out of some old 850 downpipes I had laying around. Also made an intake tube out of an old intercooler hose and pipe. It doesnt look amazing and its right behind the oil cooler, so the intake temps get warm when its sitting, but the other option involves putting it behind the bumper and soaking it in the rain, so I'll stick with this for a while. Its n/a and dog **** slow, so I dont think its going to matter a ton where it is. Still need to pick up an air filter for it. The only downside to the exhaust is that the flex joint that I stole out of a downpipe for free is super low and will probably drag on everything. That and its really quiet. O well, hopefully both the exhaust and the intake are temporary just to get me to and from SE, because I'm hoping to have it turbo after that.
242001-2.jpg

242002-2.jpg

242003-2.jpg

242004-2.jpg

Got it driving for the first time this weekend, one of the valves on #2 keeps sticking on startup though. Horrible tune in it, but good enough to let it run down the street to snap a few pictures.

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Pulled some amazing looking black carpet and black rear headrests at the pull a part yesterday. The interior should actually look pretty damn nice now. Only downside is that with the rear headrests and the louvers both in my rear view the visiblity is down to like 50% :rofl:.

The car is running excellent, a little on the rich side but other than that no complaints. The fuel pump is going though I'm afraid. I was riding for about 10 minutes today and it leaned out so bad I couldnt make it out of 1st gear. Changed the fuel filter and it looked like I was pouring coffee out of it :lol:. Runs a little better now but the fuel pressure is sketchy at best. The gauge is only at like .5 bar at startup and then it slowly rises to around 2 bar. Switched it to alternating injection and 2 squirts per cycle and it runs alot smoother as well now. Big thanks to Rob with the turbo MG for helping me get a basic table ironed out.

Also pulled an e-fan to throw in there, I'm going to have to use the 940 shroud for now, there are no 740 turbos in the yard new enough at the moment.

And last but not least on a very productive day I finally got this thing registered, insured, and inspected. So yay legality!! And as a side note I got a swedish plate in the mail today to throw on the front.

Last edited:
car looks like its coming together nicely. I would loose the rear head rests though. I dont think they look "right" in a 240.

Back