• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Im using a volvo coolant temp sensor(the black one). My IAT sensor is GM though and runs just fine. Im in person county, its about 30mins north of durham, just south of the virginia border.

I used the volvo CLT from my '87 240 and didn't calibrate/adjust anything in MS. Using a GM AIT. Saab 139. Been working great since '06.

Megasquirt is in and ready to go, had some trouble getting my injectors to fire as seen here:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=3241257#post3241257
But I think they are ok now after a firmware flash, thanks Kenny!
Still not running but I have run out of time to work on it this week. It makes noises, but not the right ones lol. I put a new set of plugs in and now I think the ignition timing is wayyyyyyy off, but I'll set it again when I see the car at the end of the week. Anyways, here are a couple pics, its very close to running, everything is together for all practical purposes.
CIMG1181.jpg

CIMG1182.jpg

CIMG1184.jpg

Sweet progress! I will be doing this, very shortly. Kjet gets owned soon.

Damnit... this is 550. Forgot I wasn't logged in.

Last edited:
Yeah, k-jet had no hope with this car since it had been sitting so long. But thats probably for the best. Just got done building a JAW 1.03 to throw in there this week as soon as I order a sensor for it. Progress is exciting!

It runs!! Started right up actually. Started today and it wouldnt do anything, checked the cam timing and reset the ignition timing, it was way off. After that I put a couple gallons of fresh unleaded in it and it fired right up.

Watch your volume at the end, its just running on the exhaust manifold, so its loud
Proof:
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRiXZSHg-WE&hl=en_US&fs=1?border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bRiXZSHg-WE&hl=en_US&fs=1?border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
This was after no changes in megasquirt, start and idle

Put in the driveshaft and just drove it down the road and back! Woot! Didnt really do much other than go fast enough to say I drove it, I dont think I broke 30. It runs way rich, but it moves under its own power for the first time in over 5 years im sure. Excitement!!

Last edited:
I thought it was the factory one lol. Its the one that came with the car and its a factory intercooler car, but yeah it fits like factory, no modifications. I've never looked at a 7 series one, but this one will be ripped out as soon as I get a 940 e-fan shroud. I can get some pictures of it if you want.

Not really much of an update, but whatever
Just been playing with my VE tables, got it to idle nice. I'm waiting on some funds to buy a wideband with right now and after that is installed I can get serious about tuning this thing.
I did figure out how to use easytherm though, for some reason megasquirt didnt want to take the re-boot, but i re-flashed it and all is well. I copied the INC files into the tunerstudio directory and my readings seem to be accurate enough. The car has been sitting for a couple hours since it was last run but the coolant temp gauge reads 98*F and the IAT gauge reads 88*F, felt the head and it was warm to the touch so it seems accurate enough. Its alot closer than the 155*F it was reading before the flash.

Im running the black Volvo coolant temp sensor, its the one with 2 thermistors, and came with the 940 engine.
For anyone who is interested the easytherm values I used were as follows:
Temp(*F)-------Resistance(ohms)
32--------------5300
71--------------2200
183-------------230
Running the stock bias resistor value

Last edited:
I'd kinda like to drop by and take a look at this
Sure man, as soon as I get it in town your welcome to take a look
Why is the dash out?

Get it tuned yet?

Dash is out so I can paint it black and rip out the a/c, just havent gotten around to it yet.
Not tuned yet unfortunately, due to my limited time and money I havent been able to get a wideband. Hopefully Ill have one in the next couple of weeks and I can get it going, blind tuning sucks.

Back