• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

engine mods advice needed

kavli

hi everyone,

i'd like to ask if anyone could give me some advice on modifications for my engine in my non daily driver (car just for fooling around, sprinting and some track days).

B230FK from 1997
LH2.4 (984 ecu)
stock intercooler
stock injectors
stock amm

full 3" exhaust, no mufflers
ostrich emulator
manual boost controller

done sofar:

i ditched the stock tiny turbo and got an almost brandnew turbo from a lancia delta integrale 16v turbo (looks the same as the stock volvo turbo but a few sizes bigger)

matched the +90 exhaust manifolf flange to the T3 turbo flange.

havent used the engine after the bigger turbo, no idea yet what it does (HP/torque)

to do list:

012 AMM
bigger injectors to match the 012
a better cam

-which cam should i get for really good power? something from KL racing? of KG trimning? (usa stuff like ipd is to expensive with all the euro import tax and takes ages to arrive if i arrives at all).
lumpy idle and crappy emissions dont bother me..cam just needs to make good power for gatebil fun

i've seen 2 types of tubular turbo manifolds at kl racing, but not sure if i can use those because my b230 isnt in a volvo chassis, so i run the risk of buying something that doesnt fit.

-does a turbular turbo manifold make a big difference compared to the +90 manifold?

if it does i could make my own ofcourse.

-does making a new intake manifold do anything? (i mean one of those big "airbox" manifolds with 4 trumpets inside)

any other ideas to get some more power?

would like to end up somewhere above 250 bhp if not 300

Last edited:
I don't know what to tell you about the cam, but... Take some measurements of your engine bay and ask KL racing for dimensional measurements of their manifold. A tubular exhaust manifold will make more of a difference than an intake manifold will. Just how big is your turbo? Are you sure it will enable you to make 300hp? Are you planning on tuning your LH system? You should.

A well ported 90+ is not so bad at all! And, for example, the Nathan intake manifold make a big difference, at least with my engine...

About cams, I think the KG2T can be a good choice, as well as the RSI Stage 3 ( not so expensive, even with the shipping and taxes... ).

Back