home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Sven's245
Board Member

Default 1984 242 b21ft in progress build questions.!!

so im in progress in building my 242, so far i have a top mount turbo with a super 60 turbotonic with a 3" intercooler and a 3" full exhaust from turbo. it runs like it should i havent gave it full throttle yet and i went to about 10lbs. i have a MBC for it and a turbo bypass valve from a 740 turbo. when i ran it i heard the fuel cutoff switch engage. i need to buy a wideband 02 sensor.. and info on what type of wideband i should get? or if the 740 bypass valve will work correctly. any other ideas i should know about or do?? thanks alot its a work in progress. ill try to post some pics later
Sven's245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
olov
doing something stupid

on kjet?
any wideband that works will work.
the cbv should work, might give you problems at higher boost. you can vent to atmo and just live with the rich spike

i ran like 17psi on my b21ft with kjet, you should be fine at 10psi, but it would be good to know the afr's if you start turning up the boost
Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
Sven's245
Board Member

yes its k-jet. howd yours run with 17lbs? did u have wide band? im waiting for wideband in the mail and ill try to tune myself but if im unseccesfull ill get it profesinaly tuned.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
1983Turbo242
Board Member

I like my AEM wideband, the visual readout of afr is really nice. Factory fuel cut on k jet is somewhere around 14? Psi. Look up boost switch removal . Make sure you have a quality boost gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricknoob View Post
In that case when that package shows up on your door tomorrow, just throw it out. No, I'm not saying it's dangerous or anything, just get rid of it. Are there many kids roaming your neighborhood?
Just some noob.
1983Turbo242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Sven's245
Board Member

is that wideband able to be tuned by yourself, or how does that work? i need some more info on it, im looking to buy one and i know u can use a lab top to test run for diffrent fuel maps...?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
Sven's245
Board Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7190581...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7190581...n/photostream/

heres some pics
Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Slobodan
Board Member

Thats pretty cool. I like the air meter to turbo air pipe.
yeah, to disable the fuel shut off, you need to make a solid ground from the fuel pump relay to the body of the car bypassing the boost switch that cuts the ground once you hit 10 or 11psi. from beyond that point I would have wideband and refer to during running higher boost levels. make sure your prepump works and has a new sock filter and always replace the bellows transfer tube and use clamps to hold it on. If that prepump isn't working right, K-jet won't work right. K-jet is very much a pressure dependant fuel system. the slightest dip in pressure will make it "shut down" or "fall on its face."
don't run too much boost. Its not about how much boost its how you use the boost.
'72 164 : B30 M410 Needs front end work.
'83 265 GL : D24 M46 - Must complete the maintenance
Slobodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
1983Turbo242
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven's245 View Post
is that wideband able to be tuned by yourself, or how does that work? i need some more info on it, im looking to buy one and i know u can use a lab top to test run for diffrent fuel maps...?
I don't quite know what you mean by tune a wideband, It just reads AFRs. The reason i chose the AEM is that it has a Nernst cell narrow band output, so you can run a wire out directly to factory O2 sensor input. That way you only need one O2 sensor. It is also one of the most reasonably priced widebands, right around $270.
1983Turbo242 is offline   Reply With Quote