• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eagle RS-A tires on sale at Discount Tire.

Thanks for the heads up. The sizes are really limited, otherwise, I would be calling my local store and ordering a set for my 945 T. 195/60-15s look like toy tires on a wagon.

Thanks for the heads up. The sizes are really limited, otherwise, I would be calling my local store and ordering a set for my 945 T. 195/60-15s look like toy tires on a wagon.

They do. But my daughter isn't gonna do anything crazy with her 745. She'll probably make it an art car, but otherwise stock is fine.

I hate American sites that block other 1st world countries with spending power and freight forwarding services:

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: XzrikJ5VYvR6eAi7uS91kAT5Kao7Nh003iCVBh7hyT0Goovavxmcug==

Oh, but I do, I am perfectly capable of routing my web traffic through my US based VPS over a fully encrypted SSH tunnel and doing whatever the hell I like - it's just an inconvenience. Same thing for geofenced YT vids, yt-dl them on the VPS and scp them home, done.

I *think* 7/9s always take the ski-Dan size from new tho? 185-70-14, 195-60-15 or 205-55-16?

They no fake the 185R14 245/Vanagon size (tho E? Or D?-load rating on the Vanagon…@80psi or whatever…else they’re just more cords/but not much much stiffer than the regular Michelins).

Both run pretty quiet at 40psi unloaded or 60-80lbs they roll real good On the center rib in the dry (fill with nitrogen, check with temp gun along tread & center rib for wear/cruising economy) with 2500lbs on the 245 & 300lbs tongue weight waaaaaY overloaded sketchily coming home…

The vanagon e-code non-DOT legal/no date code scam super toxic no UV rot re-tread-able/re-glue-able in in your grapes of wrath okie cooter’s corner garage Michelins aren’t rollin’ as easy as the speshl proprietary Bridgestone RE-92s 165-65-14 ultra low rolling resistance @ 52psi in the dry, but they roll like train wheels @ max Load rated psi!

Before this games out I’ll have the semi-truck retread machine In My back yard & be hoarding super toxic rubber removable ice-stud compatible silicon/fiberglass impregnated no DOT date code e-code tires in used vsnagon wheels shipped from Yew-rop on early super thick gauge bend-proof 245 steelies & re-treading 1 set of no sidewall puncture tires to survive the (planned/proposed by the powers that be?) thousand year reich reign comin’ down the pike!

That’s conservation & versatile (use) value! Belly up to the bar & pay your shipping & have a friend with a balancer & tire machine & re-tread machine snd know how to repop the Michelin e-code tread & rubber formulation?
Don’t huff the tread glue (new shoe goo?), whatever you do!

I have seen & had low mileage hoarded tires stored indoors in bags from the 70s that don’t dry rot snd crack like the new post Firestone lawsuit / corporate tire chain lobby/scam date ones do…granted trying to stop on 1970s Michelin XZX pizza cutters in the rain when some yuppie prick in the BMW / ricer kid/wife in the lightweight Honda SI /Acura integra slams on the brakes in Seattle, SF or Portland traffic & first fall drizzle on oily/dirty pavement…
….don’t even hear the skid/feel it in the pedal or loss of steering control until you’ve probably slid half way thru the intersection or under steered off the road or rear ended them in the power assisted brake 145, good as the pedal feel was for lower assisted fixed caliper disc dual disgonal was in those in good Repair in their day… eee…hope not to be ‘that’ guy…

Hence the need for 001 wheels, 195-65-15s you can actually buy I. Some variety & 2 parts cars later to convert the old 145 to power steering & much more positive caster & better anti-dive.
Hydroplanes more with more wet weather rolling resistance in the ruts @ steady-state cruise than new 165R15 pizza cutters/XZX & doesn’t track as nice & consistent with perfect even all 4 tires go perfectly bald evenly wear pattern anymore as she used to & the new planned obsolescence tires are **** in other ways, but whaddyagonnado?

We can’t pave all the roads in durable noisy grooved traction drainage-perfect hard concrete anymore (people bitch about the noise or tire wear with their soft compound summer/sport tires) & ground loop heat pump heat them for no icing/potholes, can’t insist on 5 second following distance & planning ahead, can’t kick all the yuppies & rat racers crowding in until they’re on top of each other zombie staring at their smrat fone to their ethnic beatz/ children’s musik outta town at bayonet / roof rack mounted lumber joust / tank heavy infantry point or drive a tank with metal treads to just drive over & crush the yuppies & eat the rich for glorious blood-sport & profit & profit again?

American ruling class (even if it were feasible or ethical) prolly don’t even taste that good &/or provide good reliably consistent sustenance with all the chemicals, micro plastics & particulates in our food, air & water, anyway, at this late date?

‘Remember, only a rat can win a rat-race…’
Choose wisely & try to buy quality & new tires as little as/if possible or prudently feasible…

Last edited:
You never had a set of wheels or two shipped in from Europe with some non-DOt tires or Michelins that you got 20? Years out of or had a 145 or French car (Citroen was sorta Michelins test Mule) w/pizza cutters?

Lol pay your shipping on TB?

:roll:

Fix the Citroen hydra-pneumatic w/junkyard ~8x MBZ SLS parts & get the Governor on the semi-automatic column shifted 5 speed to work right w/the D-jet TPS on the pizza cutters, why not? :lol:

Pain & masochism comes naturally in the moral equivalent of eurotrash automotive army of 1 society of creative anachronism (no I?m not a member, but I know of its existence :lol:)

Thx for the link as I do have a ski-Dan that might need cheap tires to get by before I sell it if I can’t junk up some minty unused spares outta 4x Camrys :lol:

I like the eagles ok for cheap tires, they’re not bad for what they are at all…

I bought from discount before & they threw in the dismount, mount & balance on new.

Don’t wanna wear out my welcome on the ~1 new set of tires I ever bought there w/ the flat repairs, leaky stem replacements, dismounts & dynamic roller re-balances they’ve been reasonable enough to deal with on for price/terms & conditions...so far...

I never take them the whole car tho, just the wheels carefully cleaned first & be very specific about what I need without trying to make it too many steps or complicated for the tire guy in a hurry on a slow tuesday morning @ 10am when everyone else is 'working' (toiling for the masters?)…

No sales tax or mandatory disposal here… I see $55?

Last edited:
Back