• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Feeler: B&M Ratchet shifter bracket for 7/9

Roger-Dee

is DeeWorks.ca
300+ Club
Just putting this out here instead of in the for sale forum. I installed a b&m 80842 ratchet shifter in my car. A custom bracket need to be done and I made a nice one out of aluminum with angled standoff. It's a big piece that takes most of the center console, pics of my installation in a few days.

The whole handbrake arm has to go when using this shifter, so this is more for the race oriented people here. Anyway this would be a 50~60$ mounting kit including bolts and insulation material to shut the hole you will be left with.

Que?

Like kenny said it could be made to fit most 2, 3 and 4 speed automatic transmission as it's just a gear selector. It is primary intended for gm and ford transmission.

Yeah Mike I see what you did there, my bracket put the shifter right in the middle of the console. I tried to keep the cutting to a minimum and uses the stock shifter assembly bolt.

I'll post pic of my setup later this week but I could do either model bracket!

T5 swap is easier than the GM swap, hands down. GM swap is awesome for drag racing and all other fun automatic related, big turbo launching off a trans brake is so stupid fun.

But I do love the ratchet ness of it all, I would love it more if It didn't have the manual trans brake, stupid $700 fully built race trans.

I wonder if one of the 'universal' shifters could be adapted to the AW71. Not sure how the OD would interface, and you'd still have to do all the usual internal upgrades. Still, the cool factor of the ratchet action might overcome the general suck factor of the AW.

This is what he is offering, one of the Generic shifters with brackets that can work with the AW71 setup.

OD is a simple button you cna put it on the dash or even on the button for the shifter (IIRC B&M makes a button for this shifter) or even mount on the case for it.

Back