• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Possible to reach AC Clutch through wheel well? 03 V70

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
AC clutch seized and I'm not crazy about digging the whole thing out just to change a bearing. I see that some other cars (P1's) can be accessed through the wheel well enough to change the clutch bearing/shim it. Is this possible on the P2's as well?

AC still works, but the clutch bearing is seized up so much the car won't even start. Bypassing AC is not an option, this is Texas after all.....

Don’t wanna be glib but take the wheel off and look. If you peel back the passenger side fender liner it should be accessible.

Yeah I figured this would be the response.

I can't fit this car all the way in my garage, so I was hoping to get a yes/no/kinda answer before I parked it to start taking it apart. It makes a difference where I park it depending on if its a 3 hour job or a 3 day job.

Just as an update: No it is not possible to go through the wheel well to access the AC compressor. The front frame rail/crash box is in the way. You can however pull the crank pulley from there if that's what you need.

To get to the AC compressor you have to remove the power steering pump, the alternator and pull one side of the upper radiator hose. The you can reach the AC compressor, unbolt it, tilt it up at a jaunty angle and I've used a ratchet strap to hold it up at an angle so I can get the puller tool on it.

Sorry I didn't see this. I could have told you it wasn't possible. Not enough Room on a P2. Removing the PS pump and alternator is pretty easy thankfully.

Glad you got 'er did

Jordan

Back